PR Manager, Media Strategist / Customer PR
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a creative, well-connected, and experienced Public Relations Manager to join its Corporate PR team. This role will drive proactive PR to support our strategic customer press releases and customer stories. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, top tier media relationships, and is an expert communicator who can translate complex technology concepts and customer outcomes into stories that people across the world get inspired by. This candidate should have their pulse on industry trends and be in tune with what reporters are writing, with a passion for pitching stories about how organizations are reinventing and transforming their operations by running on the world’s leading cloud. This individual will have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization and a track record of generating results.
The PR Manager will be a part of the AWS Customer PR team, partnering closely with other AWS Customer PR managers to develop strategic media relations plans, as well as with our Vertical Industries and global PR teams to align on the best ways to tell customer stories. This candidate will also work across the AWS PR, services, sales, marketing, and account teams to discover great customer stories, while providing strategic counsel and messaging to AWS business leaders and customer spokespeople to gain high-profile business and technology press coverage. In addition, this role will require someone who can react quickly to rapidly changing situations, while earning trust with AWS’s customers.
The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep across all industries to understand the challenges our customers are facing and takes time to understand and explain how AWS services are helping them to better serve their customers and constituents, innovate new solutions, and change the world around them. This person works to tell these stories to top tier media in a way that they can create relatable, highly-informed, and accurate articles or videos.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
· Develop and strengthen relationships with business and technology journalists and influencers
· Regularly interact with AWS senior leadership to develop and communicate key stories and strategic messages
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with good judgment and professionalism
· Write and edit bylined articles, blog posts, targeted media pitches, social media content, and communications plans
· Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs to show the positive impact of AWS on customers around the world
· Work cross-functionally with other AWS teams and AWS customers to plan and execute PR campaigns
· Support the development and execution of events and media engagements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Minimum of ten years PR, or communications experience
· Experience delivering spokesperson training and influencer education programs
· Experience supporting media relations for large public events
· Experience working with high-level executives responsible for advanced technologies
· Experience negotiating the content of press releases and media strategies with external organizations such as customers and partners
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of PR programs
· Portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to tell complex technology stories in relatable terms
· Demonstrated success placing stories with high-profile business and technology media outlets
· Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
· Experience with business-critical issues and reputational communications
· Experience representing high-profile companies in fast-paced, complex environments
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24