PR Manager, Operations
Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our operations communication team.
This role will be responsible for managing strategic external communications and community relations for Amazon’s fulfillment facilities on the West Coast with a focus on Northern California and Oregon. The ideal candidate would be based in this geographic area with an ability to travel regularly to fulfillment center communities and have established relationships, or the ability to quickly establish relationships with locally-based media, stakeholders, and community leaders.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will have strong media contacts/relationships and the ability to work at internet-speed, create and deliver major campaigns, and a talent for collaboration and working independently. They should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
Core job responsibilities:
· Develop and manage the execution of external media engagement programs in cities with Amazon operations such as high-visibility building milestone events, community donations with local elected officials, press facility tours and filming opportunities, and other media relations activities
· Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
· Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
· Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials for Amazon’s operations business
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
· Build and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media – both national and local in audience
· Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
· Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time to communities across West Coast and to Seattle for in-person meetings, events and engagements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Minimum of 7 years public relations or strategic communications experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Exemplary written and oral communications skills
· Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
· Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Creativity and the ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage
· Attention to detail
· Ideally having worked for public relations or public affairs agency on diverse reputational issues
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-30