PR Senior Account Executive/Media Relations Specialist
Full Job Description
- Creates the right media angles, knows how to develop stories, and easily builds new media relationships.
- Can clearly communicate, organize and address daily PR client and senior team questions, including planning, timing, media targets, reporting, agency services, and capabilities.
- Has exceptional mastery of written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including a proficiency in AP Style.
- Is professionally proficient in English and Spanish.
- Is a positive, proactive problem solver that works with clients and leadership to lead and conquer client and agency challenges head-on, with vigor and enthusiasm.
- Is a team player and has a roll-up your sleeves, let’s get it done personality.
- Consistently produces high-level client-ready work. Requires zero oversight on email pitches, daily client written communications and update/action item calls. And, press materials rarely require multiple drafts.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, surrounded by sharp and competitive colleagues.
- Is smart, driven, career-minded, and wants to work on an equally ambitious team.
- Responsible for PR on 5-7 accounts (Global brands: Automotive, Food, Tech, Consumer Goods, Insurance)
Excellent critical thinking, editing and presentation skills.
- Develop and present strategic communication plans, including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy.
- Write and edit media materials in English and Spanish – pitches, press releases, press kits, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, case studies, award submissions, official statements, letters from leadership, Q&A’s, etc.
- Pitch top tier media and secure national and localized impact stories.
- Manage reporting, including the collection and tracking of results.
- Keep up to date on industry and media trends, editorial calendars, themes, deadlines, etc. to create opportunities for clients.
- Daily media monitoring and reporting of coverage that affects agency and client business.
- Support in producing client events.
- Manage and produce media coverage or activations at client events and conferences
- Assists in accounting and administrative duties, e.g. billing, activity reports, and vendor negotiation.
- Liaison with clients regularly to provide/receive updates and feedback to ensure account productivity on initiatives.
- Produce thorough weekly updates for clients and agency leadership, including media updates and new initiatives (events, marketing alliances, awards, etc.)
- Health Benefits.
- Work directly with Sr. Leadership.
- Career Advancement.
- On-site Game Room, Tea House, Gourmet Italian Coffee Bar, House Kitchen & Bar, Morton’s Steak House & Lobby Cocktail Bar.
- Paid Vacation.
- Morning Flex Schedule.
- Company Gym.
- Parking Stipend.
- Phone Stipend.
- Office Dog.
- Best office location for lifestyle:
- 200 Restaurants, Entertainment & Shops right at the agency’s doorstep. In the heart of Coral Gables.
- 40% – Writing
- 40% – Pitching & Coordinating with media
- 10% – Planning
- 10% – Keeping everyone informed & aligned.
- 5+ years experience securing national/regional/local coverage.
- 5+ years working in PR agency setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools such as Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
THR33FOLD is proud to have a collective of smart, curious, talented people. Common characteristics of success at THR33FOLD: An entrepreneur spirit, intuitive, persistent, accountable, resourceful, curious, candid, creative, confident, courageous, committed and possesses a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
THR33FOLD is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce.
THR33FOLD is an independent, award-winning communications agency that provides strategy, marketing and creative to Fortune 500 companies in the consumer goods, food & beverage, tech, and travel & tourism industries. We help businesses shape mass narrative, connect to people & drive brand adoption with owned & earned storytelling across social media, PR, digital and brand.
Job posted: 2020-12-29