Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
PR Specialist, Consumer Retail , Campaigns
Amazon is seeking a communications specialist to help support, create and drive Consumer campaigns for large scale shopping events and seasonal moments. As the PR Specialist for Consumer Retail, you will coordinate and support various aspects of campaign work—from helping to brainstorm ideas, to driving and creating processes, and working closely with multiple team members to ensure we meet and exceed our goals. You will also be responsible for executing various aspects of campaign work, from media relations to event coordination (virtual and in-person). You should have experience in consumer PR and a proven track record of success working with consumer brands (in-house or agency), in addition to having a solid knowledge of consumer trends, emerging platforms to reach customers and an interest in consumer retail and pop culture. The right candidate will be organized, able to work fast, manage multiple priorities, have an attention to detail, and be a team player with an ability to work with multiple colleagues.
This role can be based out of New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Nashville, TN; Los Angeles, CA; or San Francisco, CA.
Key job responsibilities
- Support creative ideation and development of PR activity to deliver proactive consumer campaigns for customers with a focus on shopping events and seasonal moments.
- Help develop strategy and long-term planning for key shopping moments, working closely with multiple team members and a PR agency.
- Work to regularly understand effectiveness of strategy and campaign execution, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Lead in coordination and process improvement to help the greater team meet and exceed goals, from event logistics to meeting planning.
- Work closely and collaboratively across teams to execute integrated activations, events and strategies.
- Continuously ideate and innovate within PR landscape.
- 5 years of experience working in Public Relations or communications.
- A proven track record of organization, managing multiple priorities, working with multiple team members, and strong written and communication skills.
- Successful experience working directly with press.
- PR and communications experience for consumer or retail brands, whether at a PR agency or in-house.
- A knowledge and understanding of evolving PR and consumer trends and how to think big and creatively for proactive campaigns.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities, nuanced feedback, and aggressive project time frames.
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job posted: 2022-09-14