Principal Associate – Health Communications (Location Flexible) (68460)
This is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of the Abt team! The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is rapidly growing our domestic health and environment portfolios as we expand our footprint in these thriving markets. As we race into the years ahead, we will continue to serve as a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. If you want to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration, Abt is the right place for you!
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Principal Associate – Health Communications to support the Division of Health and Environment.
- Principal Associates oversee and manage significant business development activities by obtaining additional work from existing clients or by identifying new markets and sales opportunities. Direct sales and proposal efforts in accordance with the Division’s business development plan.
- Principal Associates oversee and manage particularly complex and large projects with primary responsibility for client relations.
- Principal Associates oversee policies and protocols to carry out research by providing technical guidance to less senior staff through the application of advanced techniques, concepts and methods related to a particular field of specialization.
- Collaborate with peers in other Divisions of the Company to identify new research approaches and potential markets for those services.
- Direct efforts to identify and recruit substantive senior staff for the purpose of overall staff allocation and project fulfillment. Actively participate in the development of less senior staff.
- Maintain an industry presence as a subject-matter expert by publishing regularly in peer-reviewed journals and/or by presenting at annual conferences and meetings. Has name recognition.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a sales leader who takes responsibility for generating and managing a multi-million dollar revenue base annually
- Direct proposal efforts, conduct sales briefings, and manages client relation/development activities
- Maintains excellent business development relationships and be regarded within targeted markets as an industry expert
- Oversee the planning, design and implementation of project protocols and procedures. Serve as the primary client contact.
- Delegate the work of translating client needs and/or objectives into specific deliverables in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Capably present and speak at client and professional meetings
- Have revenue goals of $2-4 Million
- Highest level of proven technical expertise and sought out as an expert within and outside the Company
- Requires significant experience in business development and client relationship management.
- Supervisory/staff development proposal development skills also required
- MA/MBA (15+) years of experience OR PhD (10 – 15) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-21