Principal Associate – Social and Economic Policy
The Social and Economic Policy Division helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families. Our clients include the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Labor, Veterans Affairs, and the Food and Nutrition Service, among others.
This position is based in the Social and Economic Policy (SEP) Division with responsibility for developing and overseeing new programs and initiatives across the domestic line of business leveraging evidence-based research and practices as well as digital technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
This is a senior position in the division that involves business development, client development, and project oversight or advisor responsibilities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves as a sales leader who takes responsibility for generating and managing a multi-million dollar revenue base annually. Manages business development activities, and directs capture efforts. Serves as the architect of the technical approach on the Company’s most important winning proposals
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships and is regarded within targeted markets as a thought leader or industry expert.
- Designs and implements new projects or studies studies through scientific leadership, technical and/or substantive expertise that address the client’s needs. Acts as a technical reviewer or advisor on large complex projects. Methods and reputation should attract business.
- Direct efforts to identify and recruit substantive senior staff and actively participates in staff development activities.
- Maintains an industry presence as a subject-matter expert by publishing regularly in peer-reviewed journals and/or by presenting at annual conferences and meetings.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION & KEY SELECTION CRITERIA INCLUDES:
- Previous experience working with key clients
- Experience with full business development life cycle
- Proven ability to manage people
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex tasks, programs or projects
- Strong interpersonal and proven client relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience making presentations to internal and external audiences
- Experience working in a consultative manner and serving as a key advisor and business partner.
- MA/MS and 15+ years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and external audiences.
- MA/MBA (15+) years of experience OR PhD (10 – 15) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-05-13