Principal, Government Relations
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. https://www.harris.com
The Principal, Government Relations, will report directly to Vice President, Government Relations for Harris Corporation and be responsible for advocacy efforts on behalf of Harris classified programs.
- The ideal candidate is a business-minded, broadly skilled executive with experience operating within the intel/defense industry.
- At least five years of experience in progressively responsible leadership positions.
- High energy, self-motivated with a solid work ethic and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the political and military environment and an appreciation of the various cultural customs and norms.
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Effective communicator with strong writing and power point skills
- Superior ethical standards.
- Collaborative, positive, team player—willingness to jump in and support our team members as needed
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work occasional weekends
Year one critical success factors:
- Develop strong partner relationships with key leaders of the company across the business segments.
- Evaluate the Company’s processes and programs and initiate legislative strategies with inputs from business leaders to drive strategic grown opportunities.
- Must have TS/SCI
- At least 8 years of Congressional experience with a demonstrated track record
- Strong policy background with the proven ability to understand and analyze complex issues across various policy areas.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex budget information and communicating trends effectively using tools such as power point
- Experience effectively advocating on behalf of a company before Congress, the administration and relevant executive branch agencies on key policy priorities.
working with business segments, both collectively and individually, to drive policy consensus and effectively represent organization interests.
- Customer interaction / exposure to the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community
- Experience with Military Services & Acquisition Process, US Budgetary process, and the Program Objective Memorandum process.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters, MBA, or JD equivalent preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Candidate must have TS / SCI clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-20