Principal Manager, Legislative Affairs
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Principal Manager, Legislative Affairs at Edison International (EIX) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll drive key government relations functions across the enterprise. You will work in Corporate Affairs and report to the Director of Corporate Public Affairs. You will manage two employees with responsibility for the accurate, timely and thorough review of legislation that may affect the company’s ability to safely deliver clean, reliable and affordable power to our customers. In addition, you will lead policy-related projects in close collaboration with the state and federal public affairs offices, and subject-matter experts in fields like transportation electrification and clean energy.
As a Principal Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead state and federal legislative bill review process and manage cross-functional forums to review policy proposals in detail and identify opportunities and risks for the company’s clean energy strategy and operations.
- Maintain ownership of company databases that include details about legislative policy proposals, expert feedback, and implications for the business.
- Manage development of policy position papers, analyses, and summaries as well as engagement strategies that align with the political and legislative environment.
- Interface with policy stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure timely information sharing and analysis of emerging public policy trends and issues and elevate them with leadership.
- Monitor and assess the implications of public policy developments in the utility and clean energy space, including legislative and regulatory proceedings, to inform policy engagement and coalition-building strategies.
- Lead resolution of escalated customer issues raised by legislators and their constituents.
- Own special public affairs projects at the request of the CEO’s office and Corporate Affairs leadership.
- Lead, coach and develop legislative affairs staff.
- Model safety leadership and foster a safe work environment.
Job posted: 2020-10-06