Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist – Policy & Intelligence
PRINCIPAL REGULATORY POLICY & INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST
Join a diverse team of innovators who bring their worldview, their unique backgrounds, and their individual life experiences to work every day. It’s no accident —we work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners. We believe it’s the only way to drive healthcare forward and remain a global leader in medical technology and solutions.
Careers that Change Lives
Sitting at the global corporate level, the Principal Regulatory Policy & Intelligence Specialist supports enterprise initiatives to drive internal and external engagement on key global priorities to enable measurable impact across the enterprise. As Principal Regulatory Policy & Intelligence Specialist you will be empowered to support regulatory interactions on policy and advocacy issues with both internal and external stakeholders.
A Day In The Life
- Global regulatory policy and intelligence contact for key internal and external stakeholders to further Medtronic’s priorities
- Assist in development of advocacy strategy; implement and lead strategy
- Represent Medtronic in internal and external working groups and technical initiatives
- Review and analyze new and changing regulatory requirements
- Support cross functional groups like advocacy network and extended team
- Develop white papers and presentation slides outlining policy positions and strategy
- Foster relationships and build bridges across functions, regions, and business
- Communicate impact of work with business mindset
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of regulatory experience with a medical device or pharmaceutical company or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years regulatory experience with a medical device or pharmaceutical company
Nice To Have
- Master’s Degree in Regulatory Affairs
- Experience interacting directly with regulatory bodies
- Ability to synthesize and present on complex technical topics
- Experience with technical regulatory topics and strong working knowledge of device regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong networking and diplomacy skills, ability to build and foster relationship with internal and external regulatory decision makers and industry networks globally
- Innovative and strategic thinker
- Self-starter and proven leader
- Global mind-set
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Job posted: 2021-01-12