Principal / Sr Principal Employee Communications Representative
Northrop Grumman employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that affect people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive and commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
If you are an adventurous, self-motivated, collaborative, communications strategist who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we’re looking for you. If you always act with integrity, model personal growth and continuous development, build trusted and valued relationships, communicate effectively and strive to deliver excellence, we’re looking for you. If you enjoy providing leadership to and learning from other teammates, we’re looking for you.
Join the Northrop Grumman Communications team. Expand your career and put your strategic communications skills to use as you develop and deploy innovative communications practices to highlight our people and capabilities.
You’ll make a difference by:
• Creating compelling content; telling stories in a clear, concise and engaging manner
• Delivering strong writing and editing content for digital placement (internal and external); identifying which channels to use for each campaign
• Maintaining brand strength and consistency
• Developing, delivering and measuring dynamic enterprise-wide communications strategies and campaigns that support our employees and our business (internal and external)
• Serving as a trusted advisor and working in partnership with other leaders to integrate messages and methods in support of broader business priorities
• Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships
• Spreading knowledge and positivity throughout the organization
• Proven track record of developing and implementing successful internal and external communications practices
• Strong project management, time management skills and attention to detail
• Strong copywriting and editing skills
• Presentation skills and ability to facilitate and gain consensus among stakeholders with disparate views
• Ability to comprehend and explain complex concepts and initiatives to audiences that have various levels of understanding
• Willingness to challenge the status quo and propose and pilot new, creative solutions
• Accepts ownership and accountability
• Ability to be on call during high-volume times and/or weekends
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time; travel includes intra-office within the DC metro area, as well as other sites, in support of the business
This full-time position is located at our corporate headquarters in Falls Church, Virginia, and reports to the manager of Employee Communications.
• Experience establishing and advancing an organization’s brand
• Prior experience working in a communications or creative agency
• Familiar with Associated Press Stylebook rules
• Experience working with senior-level executives in industry or government
• Experience supporting large capture efforts and campaigns
• Analytical skills and ability to spot trends
• Experience in strategic communications, journalism, marketing, community relations, public relations, government affairs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job posted: 2020-05-18