Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Print & Interactive Designer
Constructive, a leading social impact design firm based primarily in New York and operating with a US-based remote workforce, is searching for a passionate designer with interactive and print design experience to join our diverse team of strategic and creative thinkers. We need your help as we design experiences that help make the world a better place!
We’re looking for an ambitious creative thinker with a great eye for design who is looking to strengthen their skills by working alongside a senior team of strategists, UX designers, developers, and project managers. You’ll work with ambitious nonprofits and foundations to create websites, print communications. If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a highly collaborative team that’s committed to greatness and you have a passion to make a meaningful difference on issues like climate change, education, and social justice, then we think you’ll love working at Constructive.
Skills and Experience We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a designer, either at an agency, a nonprofit, or independently.
- A passion for design and a commitment for continuous growth and learning
- Strong knowledge of visual design fundamentals (typography, color theory, grid systems, etc) combined with creative thinking.
- A portfolio of polished design work, preferably with experience designing websites and communications for nonprofits.
- Very strong experience working in Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Invision, Figma a plus)
- Someone with great production chops
- A detail-oriented designer who is organized in how they maintain their files.
- The ability to work across projects simultaneously
- A positive, team-first mindset and ideally a sense of humor.
Some of the Things You’ll Do:
- Perform design research
- Create and collaborate on a range of design projects—primarily websites, print collateral, and branding work depending on your skillset
- Produce lots of exciting large-scale interactive and print design projects
- Participate in design strategy workshops and client presentations.
- Perform design quality assurance on websites prior to launch.
- Participate in design team huddles and standups
- Receive ongoing 1-1 mentoring from our Director of Strategy & UX to create a career growth path
- Learn how to produce great work for important social causes
- Have countless opportunities to take on big challenges and push yourself
- Be part of a close-knit team of smart, passionate, and creative team that’s focused on greatness.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better!
What We Offer
Constructive is built on a strong, values-driven culture and we make sure that our employees are well taken care of with a combination of strong salary and financial upside via profit sharing and bonuses, solid benefits, professional growth, and time off to ensure work-life balance. As an agency dedicated to social impact work, the personal rewards of doing this work are also a meaningful part of what staff get when joining our team. In addition to a base salary of between $60K-$70K based on relevant experience, skills, and values alignment, all employees receive the following compensation and benefits:
- Annual profit-sharing plan
- 401K plan with company match (up to 4%)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Approx 3 weeks vacation to start (2 weeks + Christmas Eve – New Year’s)
- +1 additional vacation day per year (up to 5 additional)
- 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16)
- Flexible work schedules
- 1 week paid personal/sick days
- “ConstructBucks,” a continuous Employee-Driven micro-bonus program
- Annual performance-based bonus pool
- Annual professional development stipend
- New client bonus (2.5% of the first year of business opportunities you generate through your network)
- The feeling of satisfaction knowing that you help make the world a better place
Then please send an email titled “Interactive Designer” to email@example.com with the following:
- Your Resume
- A link to your online portfolio and any additional work you’d like us to see.
- A cover letter sharing a bit of your story and what excites you about Constructive.
- Answers to the following questions:
- What values drive you and your work?
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
- What has your experience been with remote work?
- Preferred Salary
Job posted: 2021-12-28