Product Communications Manager
About the job
Product Communications Manager
About Wildflower Health
We are entering a new era where innovative care and payment models are both our greatest hope and our largest hurdle.
That’s where we come in. Wildflower is playing a critical role in helping the healthcare system advance in virtual and value-based care. We are engaging patients with a combination of high-tech and high-touch support, enabling clinicians to have extended impact and breaking down silos to create better experiences and outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to reach and serve individuals across a varied range of health statuses, demographics, backgrounds, and life experiences. We are committed to consistently improving outcomes and experiences for all populations. It is our intention to connect patients with high-quality, anti-racist, and culturally-relevant care, as well as provide them with information that is useful, actionable, and clinically-sound.
About the Role
As the Product Communications Manager at Wildflower Health, you’ll work with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, and Client teams to communicate Wildflower’s and our products’ value to the market. You’ll help train internal teams on new product offerings, create external-facing materials to amplify product messaging and promote Wildflower’s core value proposition to our new and existing customers, and help support our Marketing Team in their efforts to reach new customers. You’ll be an authority on what we do, why we do it, and who we are doing it for.
The Product Communications Manager is a member of the Product Team and reports to the Product Director, though collaboration with all teams will be a key driver of success for this role.
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Develop and own materials that highlight product features and benefits for our sales and client team as well as for customers, through decks, one sheets, collateral and recommended communications, among other materials.
- Champion the internal training process for our sales and client teams, equipping them with the tools needed to articulate our products’ value to prospective customers and stakeholders.
- Perform market and competitive research to inform the team on target market trends, customer needs and preferences.
- Communicate and translate the Product team’s projects, feature development, content updates and roadmap.
- Two or more years of product marketing experience and/or marketing communications experience.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Able to summarize a new product or feature into a clear and concise message – both verbal and visual – that resonates with our audiences.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable with presenting long and/or complex ideas to large groups and major stakeholders.
- Must be an effective and savvy writer, able to turn complex ideas into simple, concise messaging.
- Familiarity with SAAS products, terminology, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once, working independently to prioritize and meet deadlines with strong time management skills.
San Francisco, CA or Remote
How to Apply
To be considered, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-03-09