Product Communications Manager
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is hiring a Product Communications Manager to join our growing Communications team. You’ll help shape Robinhood’s product and consumer narrative, announce new products and features, support potential issues management, and own other critical PR initiatives.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Leading strategy and execution for product announcements and other cross-functional projects from start to finish
- Proactively identifying opportunities and cultural moments to add Robinhood to public conversations, and raise awareness for our brand and products
- Creating and managing reviews of critical communications materials (blog posts, pitches, media lists, messaging guides, statements, briefing materials, coverage reports and more)
- Preparing company spokespeople for media interviews and speaking engagements, as well as staffing those opportunities
- Building and maintaining relationships with consumer, tech, and finance media, and other relevant stakeholders
- Supporting with timely communications for product-related issues and contributing to our on-call rotation
- Liaising closely with our PR agency partners and overseeing projects to drive desired outcomes
- Collaborating with multiple functions and teams across the company such as Product, Corporate Comms, Marketing & Social Media, Content, Legal, and Compliance
- At least 5 years of relevant public relations experience, preferably in-house or at a top public relations agency
- Obsession with consumer, technology, and finance news
- Proven media relations experience
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple projects with often changing deadlines in an exciting and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to quickly become an expert on Robinhood’s business and products (if you aren’t already)
- A passion for solving critical problems
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28