Product Communications Manager
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
WhatsApp is looking for an experienced Product Communications Manager to join our small and agile team. The ideal candidate is someone who is creative, proactive, and brings a proven track record of launching consumer products on a global scale. We are looking for someone who has carried out high-profile campaigns and brings established relationships with media and opinion leaders in the U.S., but also have a very global mindset. The ideal candidate is the type of person who oozes creativity and regularly thinks outside the box. WhatsApp’s user base is broad and diverse, and we want to find ways to connect with them all, no matter where they are. In addition, this person should have an interest and understanding of how issues like privacy and security impact the lives of our users around the world. This is a hands-on role with significant day-to-day responsibilities working with leaders across WhatsApp.
- Create and implement the communications strategy that tells the story of WhatsApp and the benefits the product brings to users around the world
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with key technology and consumer press as well as other external stakeholders
- Devise and lead product launches and proactive media campaigns for WhatsApp products and initiatives – work closely with teams in key countries to ensure these launches can be successful in the diverse communities we serve
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, statements, briefing materials for executives and more
- Counsel cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on communications considerations for product updates
- Simplify complex ideas or technical issues and make them understandable and relatable
- Support reactive communication strategy as needed
- 8+ years of experience in communications and public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations or similar field
- Experience developing media campaigns for targeted audiences
- Experience with product launches and consulting with product managers
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing, policy, legal, and other communications teams
- Experience working on product launches outside the U.S.
- Experience working in technology and using WhatsApp
- Experience creating product narratives aligned to cultural moments around the globe
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-12