Product Communications Manager
About the Team
The Communications team is responsible for telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team is a nimble, high-impact group that works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking, coupled with a true team spirit and the ability to juggle projects and priorities, are what make this group so effective. This role on the team will require a team player attitude, a deep understanding of the media landscape, expertise in product communications and product narrative building, and strong PR and communication skill sets.
This role will:
- Work closely with the Communications team, as well as the Product Marketing, New Verticals leads, and Product teams, to help develop and communicate our product and innovation story to ensure it resonates well with target audiences, including business, tech, trade and consumer media publications.
- Develop and manage creative campaigns for new product launches and vertical announcements in new categories to demonstrate our leadership in innovation and strategic approach to building products and services that empower local economies.
- Draft and edit communications materials including launch plans, press releases, pitches, blog posts, media recaps, and media lists, to support a wide array of company news, from seasonal product campaigns to new product launches to business partnerships in new verticals.
- Identify and support evergreen thought leadership opportunities for senior leaders in product and new business verticals to raise corporate profiles.
- Track communications projects in motion and maintain up-to-date status in a fast-moving business environment.
- Identify emerging topics and trends in the last-mile logistics and on-demand food delivery space.
- Work effectively with cross-functional business partners to maintain high accountability, transparency and relationship management.
- Proactively develop media relationships with a diverse set of reporters and help manage day-to-day media requests.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years experience in communications, PR, or journalism
- You are self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- You have experience flourishing in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You are able to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and senior management
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You are a strong communicator, inclusive of listening, writing and speaking, and a true leader, collaborator, and consensus builder
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology platform that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, the company currently reaches 80+ percent of U.S. households and has the widest selection of restaurants, cementing an industry-leading position in the U.S. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Job posted: 2020-11-21