Product Manager – External Communications
We are looking for a Product Manager on External Communications, to lead and manage the functionality that enables our eCommerce & Marketing business partners to deliver top-notch experiences as well as other capabilities for our Athletes.
The External Communications product team is accountable for both marketing and transactional communication methods to ensure our Athletes are contacted the way they want, when they want and with the content they want. They enable the operational data processes and systems that support communications that are sent directly to a targeted customer. This includes promotion execution, audience list generation, data collection, analysis and systematic processes to deliver the communication to the customer then track and measure success. Communication methods include (but are not limited to) email, SMS, social, media, etc.
This role focuses on delivering customer value, driving sales and business outcomes through continuous improvement and delivery of quality products. Managing your product requires you to work cross-functionally, communicate up and down the organization, and work closely with your developers, designers, and partners.
As the Product Manager of External Communications, you are responsible for defining and establishing a comprehensive product vision, strategy, roadmap for your portfolio of high value/complex products within a modern development environment. You are the “voice of the product” empathizing with customers, stakeholders, and reviewing data to ensure customer and stakeholder needs are incorporated into and prioritized within the roadmap, directed by data and results. Requires a driven, strategic and tactical mindset; highly motivated and accountable to deliver outstanding product experiences that achieve enterprise KPIs, including revenue, conversion and customer satisfaction.
You will interact with all functional areas of the company including UX Design, Engineering, Executive Management, Senior Leadership and Business stakeholders (Marketing Creative & Planning, Email Operations, CRM/Web Analytics, Loyalty Strategy, eCommerce, Customer Service, Legal, Compliance, IT Security, Community Marketing, Pricing & Promotions, Merchandising). This is a unique role that brings cohesion and coordination to enterprise initiatives by blending strategy and tactics to achieve business results. You must work strategically, driving ideas for growth and new opportunities, while tactically solving customer and business problems that exist in existing products.
This is a full time remote opportunity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Product Strategy & Roadmap – You own the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product. Must be able to distill the “fire hose” of insights, data, and requests into an actionable roadmap inclusive of customer and business partners needs to build both incremental and innovative experiences for your customers. Ensures that value is delivered early, often, and in-sync with customer goals.
- Customer Value & Business Outcomes – Ensures a business outcome is achieved and customers receive a product that provides value, whether it’s an MVP or mature product with a new feature. Goes above and beyond defining and delivering. Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business – financial, marketing, sales, legal, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
- Know Your Business – Accountable for results. Whether that is maximizing metrics, managing expectations, addressing customer feedback, or prioritizing the backlog. Knowing your numbers, competitors, who is doing what, the next big thing, suggesting innovative ideas to POC and constantly striving to increase revenue and conversion are primary responsibilities for your role. You will provide regular reporting to executive management along with strategies to constantly improve the numbers, hit revenue goals, and maximize return on investment.
- Product Decisions – you will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, or ROI of resource investment. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on.
Delivery & Execution
- Features – creates accurate user stories and prioritizes the backlog; working with the team to groom, refine, and ultimately deliver the feature.
- Ceremonies – Participates in standups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
- Testing and Research – Formulates hypothesis to A/B test, prototype, or research, continually refining the product until desired outcome is achieved. Ensures successful tests are translated into new site features.
- Vendors – Accountable for the day to day interaction and management of any vendor partners for your product, regularly holding business reviews, monitoring SLAs, managing RFPs, participating in contract negotiations and managing budgets for those services.
- Change Influencer – Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it’s to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team of designers, developers, stakeholders, and executives to achieve value early and often.
- Alignment – You must evangelize your roadmap and gain alignment with all team members stakeholders, and partners; distilling complex technical concepts into plain language for stakeholders, and advocate for the customer. Ensuring alignment across your group and the Product organization.
- Partnering – Partners with business and technology stakeholders to define and ensure successful delivery of our consumer and associate facing Commerce experiences. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides education to requestors on prioritization, ROI, and roadmap.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of delivering world-class product and experiences.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (epics, features, stories,), modern software development practices (test driven development, paired programming, continuous deployment), and tools (Jira, Pivotal).
- Capable of quickly establishing and fostering partnerships with executives and other stakeholders in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple products, and shifting priorities through effective planning, prioritization, delegation and coordination across teams and vendors.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-27