Product Policy Associate
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. WhatsApp is also relied upon by millions of micro and small businesses globally through the WhatsApp business API and business app. In this role, you have an opportunity to shape the policies for how business to customer communication happens for billions of people. As a Product Policy Associate for WhatsApp’s business products, you’ll sit at the intersection of numerous teams, working with them to develop and implement policies to govern how people use WhatsApp’s rapidly-growing suite of business products. You will directly support the company’s product and integrity efforts, including our framework for assessing risks, systems and processes to mitigate those risks, user tools, cross-product enforcement, and product launch readiness. You will be an advocate for the businesses and users we serve in all global markets, and you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, and at times, ambiguous environment to prioritize multiple projects while driving global impact.
- Work closely with Product and Operations teams to update and implement policies and enforcement systems.
- Identify new policy development needs, draft policies, and work with Operations teams to build and refine enforcement flows as needed for those features and products.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams such as Product, Public Policy, Partnerships, Operations, Marketing, Communications, and Legal.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Support product teams with the launch of new products by providing policy guidance on issues ranging from integrity to safety to fairness to human rights.
- 3+ years of work experience in policy, enforcement, or operations, with an emphasis on global business
- Project, program, or product management experience
- Experience analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience working with and advising product or technical teams
- Experience with consensus-building and communicating and presenting effectively to diverse stakeholders
- Experience working directly or with stakeholders on policy development, policy enforcement, and/or policy counseling
- Knowledge of, or experience working with the technology business and policy ecosystem (e.g., IP, consumer protection, financial services, tax, competition)
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, and/or online payment systems
- Experience engaging on enterprise, commerce, and/or ads platform policy
- Experience managing incident response or escalations
- Experience in the public or private sector with relevant focus and expertise in applicable policy and/or policy enforcement areas
- Experience using WhatsApp
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28