The Elliott School - George Washington University
|The Elliott School is currently seeking a Program Associate to support the Digital Trade and Governance Hub. The Digital Trade and Governance Hub is designed to:
• Educate policymakers in the legislative and executive branches of the US government on digital trade and data governance. We will also work with partners abroad
• Encourage dialogue and greater understanding about digital trade, new digital technologies, and data governance issues among all interested parties
• Serve as a resource for the public and press on news and research related to digital trade and data governance issues form around the world
• Build understanding of trade and data governance issues in the US and global trade communities with dialogue, education , and evidence-based researchSpecific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs outreach to clients ( executive and legislative staff) on digital trade and data governance issues. Describes what the hub can do and works to gain new clients.
• Builds hub audience through events, training, newsletters and other methods
• Works with project director to manage and develop new collaborating organizations and funders.
• At direction of project director, works on training, research or analytical tasks
• Plans and coordinates event logistics. Responsible for reserving event space, securing technical support, event setup and breakdown, event marketing and advertising, and arranging catering
|Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Job is online, but must qualify to work in US.
|• Demonstrated interest or expertise in governance, digital trade and/or data governance issues
• Experience working with policymakers
• Experience in outreach including maintaining websites, newsletters and social media accounts
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Superb organizational skills
• Prior budgeting experience
• High proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel
• Ability to work with limited supervision
Apply at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/
Job posted: 2020-10-05