Program Associate, Communications
Program Associate, Communications
About The Ascend Fund
The Ascend Fund is a collaborative fund dedicated to accelerating the pace of change toward gender parity in U.S. politics. The fund pools philanthropic capital and make mission-driven investments in nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations that break down barriers preventing women from running for office and winning. Learn more about The Ascend Fund here.
The Program Associate, Communications will be responsible for designing and implementing a multifaceted communications strategy for The Ascend Fund. Working within a small, dedicated team, the Program Associate, will support The Ascend Fund’s portfolio of state and national partner organizations working to train, empower, and recruit women from diverse backgrounds to run for office. Additionally, up to 25% of the Program Associate’s time may be spent supporting other programs within the Panorama Global Partnerships portfolio, such as The Upswing Fund for Adolescent Mental Health.
This is a full-time, remote position reporting to the Director of The Ascend Fund.
Strategy and Planning
- Communication Plan: Create long- and short-term communication plans integrating social, web, and email along with thought leadership and a visible public presence.
- Strategy: Formulate communication strategies to maximize the reach, impact, and influence of Ascend’s work and that of our portfolio partners, while also promoting organizational values.
- Tools: Incorporate communication tactics that demonstrate a sharp understanding of the most effective digital tools available.
- Editorial Calendar: Manage content creation and distribution in collaboration with the Panorama communications team.
- Branding: Leverage and manage the Ascend brand to maintain recognizable, cohesive visual identity.
- Collateral: Collaborate with internal staff and external vendors to design, update, and maintain branded materials.
- Graphic Design: Help design graphics and other creative content to further messaging and engagement goals.
- Management: Support The Ascend Fund Team in prioritizing requests, shaping messages around key moments, and identifying new opportunities for elevating our mission.
- Messaging: Work with internal team to draft, edit, and maintain a variety of materials (e.g., press releases, op-eds, talking points, fact sheets, concept notes, PowerPoint decks, etc.) to support project activities.
- Thought Leadership: Ensure Ascend’s voice and perspective are heard in public conversations on relevant issues, and that opportunities are seized for injecting a gender parity perspective into political and philanthropic conversations.
- Social: Maintain social media channels with original content, including graphics, videos, graphs, charts, data visualizations, and other creative material.
- Website: Manage website updates, including monthly column, and spearhead efforts to improve navigation and content accessibility (Wix).
- Newsletter: Support production, content, and distribution of quarterly newsletter (Mailchimp).
- Email: Create compelling email marketing campaigns and assist with the maintenance of the Ascend database (Salesforce).
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Metrics: Analyze metrics from digital platforms including social media channels, website traffic, and CRM data from emails.
- Trends: Stay up to date on key trends/issues relevant to the work, including compiling daily clips reports.
- Be an active member of The Ascend Fund team working to advance strategic goals and objectives.
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects as assigned.
Position Requirements & Desired Qualifications
- At least five years of professional experience in relevant field, experience working in politics and/or on campaigns preferred.
- Passionate about electing women of all races and ethnicities, from diverse backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses, on both sides of the aisle, at all levels of offices, across the country.
- Knowledgeable of the political landscape and the unique challenges women face when running for office is ideal.
- Experience in mission-driven social media campaign design, management, and strategy for multiple audiences with ability to use social media management platforms.
- Understanding of online performance metrics (i.e., Google Analytics and social media channel metrics) and third-party audience and channel insights a plus.
- Experience with graphic design and data visualization platforms like Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Tableau.
- Proficient with website content management systems, working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience with CRM, such as Salesforce, EveryAction, or Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; outstanding attention to detail, including editing.
- Proactive, highly organized, with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize across projects, and accomplish work efficiently.
- Interest in continuous learning both in personal and professional growth, with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to travel domestically as needed, up to 10%.
Compensation & Benefits
- The annual salary range for this position is $62,000-$75,000 depending on experience.
- Panorama offers benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two relevant work samples HERE. Please upload work samples as a single file. Applications received by Tuesday, Sept. 7th will receive priority review.
The Ascend Fund is powered by Panorama, a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact. Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Travis, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid throughout the program.
Final offer will be contingent on successful background check.
Job posted: 2021-09-01