Program Associate, State Affairs
The Program Associate is a full-time, Alexandria, Virginia,-based position reporting to the Director of State Affairs. State Affairs is a Department within NACHC’s Public Policy and Research Division. The Program Associate provides policy, program management, and logistical support for the NACHC State Affairs team, and will be responsible for leading individual NACHC projects, managing state policy research and analysis, managing state-related member communications and casework, policy resource development, event planning and preparation, and other key functions. The position is an integral member of a high-functioning, effective national government relations department, representing a nationwide constituency of health care providers and patients, with broad capacity for expansion of duties and responsibilities.
- Manage NACHC’s state policy tracking and national database, which includes relevant state-level policies and issues and is used to inform policy priorities, technical assistance, and training and tool development.
- Manage and develop content for newsletters to primary care associations, the NACHC State Issues webpages, and NACHC blogs with input from members of the State Affairs team.
- Cover and potentially manage a specific state policy portfolio of issues and projects, developed in coordination with the Director of State Affairs.
- Support the development and preparation of materials and resources to educate health centers and partners on state policy issues and to be tailored for use in meetings with state policymakers.
- Organize, schedule/coordinate, and provide logistical support for events. Events include webinars, conference sessions, teleconferences, department meetings, workgroup meetings, and other events, as assigned.
- Provide high-level administrative and policy support to the NACHC State Affairs department.
- Track monitor and report on state policy developments using Bgov and other online tools including media.
- Attend policy briefings and coalition meetings on behalf of NACHC.
- Provide project management support.
Qualifications for Position:
- Degree (B.A. minimum) in political science, public policy, public health or a related field.
- At least two years of health policy-related experience. Previous experience can include internships, fellowships or similar tracks.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to communicate internally and externally with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex health care policy issues to community health centers and primary care associations.
- Flexible and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Team-spirited, has a positive and can-do attitude, and hard working.
- Able to work in fast paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong proficiency with technology (MS Office Suite, Web publishing, databases).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-29