Program Coordinator, Cyber and Physical Security
Want to work for a great Organization? The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
ABA is seeking a Program Coordinator who will initially support various established cyber and physical security group efforts within the Policy’s Advocacy & Innovation group. Increasing responsibilities and leadership opportunities will be provided in accordance to the candidate’s ability to effectively identify, analyze, and communicate emerging trends and items of interest internally and to members.
- Support, with the future opportunity to lead, the ABA Bank Capture System to include:
- serving as main point of contact between existing and potential subscribers, database hosts, and advertisers;
- increasing subscribers by providing online demonstrations and identifying other presentation opportunities;
- maintaining quarterly user call schedule and facilitating discussions;
- increasing subscriber use by developing User Guides and presentation decks and maintaining the online library;
- identifying and securing advertisers, ensuring contractual agreements are met, and managing the associated budget;
- ensuring data quality and integrity through system and procedural enhancements; gathering and prioritizing of change requests.
- Support, with the opportunity to lead, various Committees, Subcommittees and Working Groups. Initial duties include assisting in the development of agendas, securing speakers, taking notes, and fulfilling actions resulting from calls and in-person meetings in addition to:
- onboarding new members and managing change requests;
- researching, selecting and drafting content for a weekly newsletter;
- posting content to and maintaining member involvement in the ABA Security Network;
- developing, compiling, analyzing, and distributing findings from member-requested surveys;
- attending industry conferences and meetings to increase subject matter expertise and report highlights to colleagues;
- monitoring industry trends and identifying issues to raise and potentially lead at the project level;
- maintaining group distribution lists and documents.
- Monitor current and evolving issues and updates and provide enhancements to web pages, online interactive platforms, bulletins and archives, publications, and members’ pages.
- Assist in the development of content for ABA Professional Development Group efforts to include, webinars, conferences, and Frontline training.
- Other program management duties, as assigned.
A minimum 3-5 years related experience.
- 4-year degree.
- Excellent communication and editing skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of members and staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and provide recommendations for improving existing processes and grow into a leadership role.
Job posted: 2021-02-24