Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Program Director, Elder Justice Program
Sunnyside Community Services is a multiservice, community-based organization serving New York City with a focus on western Queens — an area that is home to a uniquely diverse, predominately immigrant population and many low-income families. Today we provide a full range of human services to 16,000 individuals each year including children, youth, adults, and seniors. Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals of all ages, beginning with those most in need. We envision diverse, inclusive, and caring communities where all people thrive and reach their fullest potential.
We are seeking qualified candidates for our Elder Justice Program Director position. This a unique opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of older adults. The program supports services that prevent abuse from happening, protect people from abusive situations, support people who have experienced abuse to help them recover, and preserve, promote, and empower the independence, choice, and financial security of the client.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and craft the vision and overall direction for a new program to our continuum for Older Adults.
SCS offers a hybrid work schedule and a strong benefits package, including generous paid time off.
The Elder Justice Program Director will be an experienced LMSW providing leadership, implementing, and managing the programmatic and administrative elements of the Elder Justice program. The Program Director will provide direct supervision of four Elder Justice Workers, who in turn provide case assistance, counseling, and support groups to client. Program Director will ensure prompt follow up to intakes, assessments, case assistance, safety plans and case note documentation.
The Program Director, in addition to four Elder Justice Workers, will help execute collaborative and expansive outreach in diverse communities, as well as training to professionals in community.
- LMSW with 3+ years of direct supervisory experience of social workers providing case management, case assistance, and/or counseling services.
- Experience working on behalf of older adults, in community-based setting, preferred.
- Knowledgeable in crisis intervention, domestic violence, trauma-informed care, and client-centered, strengths-based counseling modalities.
- SIFI certification a plus.
- Supervises a team of four Elder Justice Workers and their client caseloads, providing weekly one-on-one supervision.
- Oversee program hiring and staffing, program budget, unit and service delivery while ensuring allocation of supplemental supports, client services, protocols.
- Conduct yearly staff evaluations.
- Participate in NYC Aging program director meetings as well as other stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborates with local community to identify clients for program through outreach and provide educational training through ongoing relationships with community centers, health centers, local libraries, faith-based centers, legal assistance programs within Western Queens.
- Excellent problem resolution, planning and decision-making abilities regarding personnel and client issues.
- Ensure complete documentation of case in database.
- Experience with public speaking, and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, characteristics, and cultures.
- Home visits and attend family court as needed.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; and familiarity with client databases STARS/Peer Place and Salesforce a plus.
- Time management skills to coordinate multiple responsibilities and services.
- Ability to work independently and as part a team, in both a home and office environment.
- Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the program.
- In office, home visits, field work, and telecommuting.
- We currently have a hybrid model two days at home, three days in the office, subject to change.
DEPARTMENT: Older Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt – Full Time
- 20 vacation days per year
- 5 personal/floating days
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, send a cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Program Director-Elder Justice” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply. Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer
Job posted: 2023-04-26