Program Manager of Advocacy and Outreach
The Hollywood Bureau is seeking a dynamic Program Manager of Advocacy and Outreach to be the liaison to a diverse set of stakeholders and constituents while simultaneously leading this multi-disciplinary project of significant scale, complexity, and unique requirements. The Program Manager of Advocacy and Outreach is responsible for developing, organizing, and managing the NAACP’s advocacy and outreach efforts within and beyond the entertainment industry. As a primary project delivery and operations leader, the Program Manager of Advocacy and Outreach manages and executes highly visible and complex projects with executive teams and partners to achieve goals and meet success metrics. The successful candidate has the ability to focus on details while advancing big picture goals; possesses the agility to navigate the unique culture of the entertainment industry; and the bandwidth to develop and manage entertainment-related learning initiatives (internships, fellowships, and scholarships).
- Work with the executive team and partner on complex projects and initiatives to successfully develop and execute strategic goals and metrics;
- Manage the risks and opportunities of new initiatives, balance vision and imagination with pragmatism within highly controlled budgets;
- Lead, manage and inspire cross-functional teams of internal and external partners; Coordinate complicated workstreams; Anticipate and navigate issues; Establish team accountability metrics and measures; Work closely with teams to drive their priorities and energy; Provide comprehensive progress and status reporting;
- Manage Hollywood Bureau’s publicly accessible resource platform and Celebrity Influencer Ambassador Program;
- Serve as a steward for strong financial project performance to optimize resources and ensure the overall financial viability of the project to mitigate losses and risk;
- Develop and design advocacy and external outreach strategies (internships, fellowships, and scholarships); and
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Director of the Hollywood Bureau or other designee.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years of experience leading and managing high profile projects from inception through completion;
- Track record of delivering extraordinary programs that enable advocacy and outreach;
- Project leadership skills with a demonstrable record of effectively partnering, collaborating and negotiating with diverse partners and multiple stakeholders;
- Experience leading and managing high-profile projects from inception through initial operations;
- Track record of delivering extraordinary programs that evoke advocacy and outreach.
- Proficiency in preparing and maintaining schedules, budgets, and periodic financial reports;
- Working knowledge of online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube;
- Knowledge of the Adobe Design Suite preferred;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- An ability to develop and maintain a working understanding of NAACP structure, policy, procedures, and goals; and
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Zkipster, Adobe Creative Suite, Submittable, Jot Form, Shiftboard, Variety Insights, and general office equipment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-11