Program Manager Government Relations
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Program Manager/Government – AdventHealth – Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of health care public policy, regulatory and industry positions as defined by AdventHealth leadership.
- Understands and articulates complicated national, state, and local policy issues to internal and external Leadership audiences. Works with AH Corporate Government Relations team to monitor and analyze state legislative policy issues in order to update internal clients on potential operational or policy changes. Tracks all local and state trends in assigned areas which could have an impact on business climate.
- Works closely with internal leaders and various lines of business to identify potential advocacy opportunities to enhance AdventHealth strategic imperatives.
- Actively participates in the planning, preparing, implementing and tracking of the annual AdventHealth AdventHealth (ADVENTHEALTH) State Advocacy Plans under the direction of the Government Relations Director and in partnership with AdventHealth Corporate offices.
Develops and implements unique AdventHealth and Central Florida Division Campus local advocacy
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Policy, Political Science or related field
- Five years of experience in, Government, Policy Development, Community, or Public Relations
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Prior experience in healthcare policy and government relations
The Program Manager – Government Relations is responsible for planning, supporting, and implementing Government Relations efforts for AdventHealth, the Central Florida Division of AdventHealth and AdventHealth Corporate offices. Responsible for developing positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders and understanding key public policy issues in collaboration with all levels of the Hospital system. Adheres to AdventHealth policies and procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-19