Program Manager, Grassroots Technology
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America’s electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
• Top Workplace by the Washington Post
• 100 Best Places to Work – ComputerWorld Magazine
• 50 Best Places to Work – The Washingtonian
• CARE Award Recipient – Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
• Best Place to Work Award Recipient – Lincoln, NE
• Gold Well Workplace – Wellness Councils of America
• State of NE Governor’s Wellness Award – Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person’s overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Program Manager, Grassroots Technology P.3
Manages the grassroots technology platform, including websites, social media and engagement within Government Relations Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the WordPress technology platform utilized for grassroots advocacy.
- Works closely with the Director, Political Affairs and our technology vendor to implement grassroots engagement plan.
- Manages content, maintenance and structure of grassroots advocacy websites, social media pages and grassroots APP.
- Facilitates, through communication with Government Affairs staff, the timely placement of content on grassroots technology properties, confirming its accuracy and consistency with other NRECA technology properties.
- Manages individual phases of periodic redesigns of grassroots websites.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for statewide associations on grassroots technology and advocacy database management.
- Conducts analysis of grassroots engagement strategies by monitoring open rates and web usage by advocates.
- Reports on daily, weekly and long-term progress on advocate engagement efforts.
- Provides recommendations on actionable insights for how to structure digital strategies based on social intelligence.
- Analyzes and reports on social and e-mail based metrics, translating findings to actionable insights for internal teams.
Direct Reports to this Position:
Requirements and Qualifications
Formal Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Web Design, Computer Science, or related field required. Minor in Government Affairs or Political Science desired.
Experience and Certifications Required:
5+ years of experience working with large grassroots databases, 3+ years of experience in working with the WordPress platform and 3+ years experience in a Government Relations role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Information Security technologies as Authentication, Authorization, etc.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Teams) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills, member service orientation and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and training workshops.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine or other job related equipment.
- Ability to provide service excellence by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful.
Essential Physical Requirements
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Job posted: 2021-03-17