Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Program Manager, Reliability Culture & Communications
WHO WE ARE
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
We are passionate people focused on transforming the customer experience and dedicated to creating innovative solutions to address the unique challenges of our extraordinary scale
Responsible for utilizing solid program management skills and knowledge to lead medium-to-smaller and/or less complex programs. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience.
Reliability Experience and Global Product Operations, led by James Manchester, SVP and Chief Reliability Officer, is responsible for developing and leading the programs that allow us to deliver on our commitment to providing the best, most reliable network, product and service experiences, as well as a consistent standard of excellence, across our customer base, inclusive of those from Sky and our syndication partners. This group also partners closely with Xfinity Growth, Innovation, and Experience (XGIE), our residential consumer business unit, and the field to develop solutions that allow us to grow market share in unique channels, including multi-dwelling units, retail and higher education campus environments.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones and acts as a guide for the core program team from initiation through execution and completion.
- Works to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members, including matrixed project managers, with guidance from senior staff.
- Creates program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path.
- Assists in the development and implementation of key goals, objectives and success criteria for the program. Ensures proper documentation.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and issues.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Works with senior staff to assist in action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with cross-functional leadership to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Skills & Experience We’re Looking For:
- Program management background, especially in larger organizations
- Comfort providing summaries to, and interacting with, senior leadership
- Demonstrates a bias for action to ensure program progress
- Experience working in a communications organization (marketing, PR, events, etc.), human resources organization during a culture change, or a technology company
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here’s a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones – from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services – We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Job posted: 2022-05-01