Program/Policy Coordinator, Community Solutions for Health Equity
Community Catalyst’s (CC) mission is to organize and sustain a powerful consumer voice to ensure that all individuals and communities can influence the local, state and national decisions that affect their health. Key to fulfilling our mission, are our values of empowerment, pragmatism, diversity, collaboration and learning. Further, we fight to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. As we strive to build a movement that is led by and responsive to the needs of diverse individuals and communities, we hold ourselves and our partners accountable to a culture of inclusive multiculturalism. As such, it is important for our staff to reflect the communities with whom we work.
We actively recruit, retain, and develop a diverse and dynamic workforce that effectively and efficiently meets the wide spectrum of needs in the health advocacy field. We believe that an inclusive and open environment fosters creativity, contributes to the quality of our work and processes, and provides growth opportunities for all our employees.
On any given day, the Program Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Community Solutions for Health Equity team, along with grantee support to protect health care locally and to advance local health care systems change as needed. This position is responsible for providing administrative and program support for the Community Solutions for Health Equity Program. The Community Solutions for Health Equity Program is a national program that supports community-based organizations to build power to improve health care delivery and address equity. The program will pair funding resources for community organizations and a robust technical assistance program. The program equips consumer and community organizations with the resources, strategies and partnerships needed to foster respectful relationships between consumers and local health systems based on honesty and a commitment to equitable, positive care for consumers.
The Program/Policy Coordinator, CSHE is supervised by the Project Manager, Community Solutions for Health Equity.
- Provides administrative and program support to the CSHE program leadership. This support includes, for example, drafting correspondence, scheduling extremely active calendars that include onsite/offsite meetings and calls, making travel arrangements, electronic and paper file maintenance, drafting minutes, maintain and update data entry on Salesforce, creating PowerPoint and other presentation documents.
- Assist with event planning management logistics for 2021 annual convening and smaller program events (such as travel and meal arrangements, technology support, track budget expenses, development of event materials).
- Stays informed of upcoming program commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Executes basic research on various health care policy and advocacy issues via on-line searches, reviewing hard-copy resources, interviewing colleagues and experts, summarizes findings and other strategies.
- Maintains confidentiality as this person has access to email and meetings that include sensitive information about organization structure, finances and personnel
- Supports meeting facilitation including technology needs for some policy and development related meetings
- Participates as a member of the Community Solutions for Health Equity team
- Perform other duties as necessary to achieve the goals of the program and organization.
- Bachelors plus 1year experience, or equivalent 3 years of relevant work experience
- Commitment to social justice and to the mission of Community Catalyst.
- Exceptionally organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and excitement to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills in a deadline driven environment with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with people who have different work styles and anticipate needs before they arise (i.e., manage up).
- Ability and interest to quickly learn about organizational operations, program structure, and build relationships with CSHE community
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Able to take initiative, process information quickly and make responsible decisions.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships and relate to diverse partners
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual/bicultural background
- Experience working with community-based organizations.
BENEFITS & SALARY
- Salary Range: $45,000-50,000
- Generous paid time-off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Convenient downtown Boston location
Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Program Coordinator CSHE” in the subject line.
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally. We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law. Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2020-07-15