Program Specialist, Analytics, Operations, Policy & Strategic Initiatives
The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) is a not-for-profit membership organization that promotes the health of women and newborns. Our mission is to empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education, and advocacy.
The Program Specialist, Analytics, Operations, Policy & Strategic Initiatives provides project coordination and program support for various projects and programs within the Analytics, Operations, Policy & Strategic Initiatives Department. This position is responsible for overall coordination and support for key department projects and initiatives, assisting with the annual convention abstract and speaker management processes, and providing planning and logistical support to public policy meetings. This position is responsible for ensuring designated projects are executed on time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· For larger educational projects, manages portions of the project by facilitating the creation of designated product deliverables (narrations, videos, etc.).
- Works closely with AWHONN departments to identify product support needs.
· Identifies, tracks, monitors, and communicates product-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during implementation and execution within product teams.
· Serves as the primary lead to manage Annual Convention speaker and session information within the speaker management system.
· Regularly communicates with moderators and presenters via phone and email.
· Serves as the lead in orienting abstract reviewers and collecting and tracking poster and specialty session abstract review data.
· Prepares and processes presenter, reviewer, and moderator communications and assists Meetings staff in preparation of speaker and planning committee expense reimbursements.
· Coordinates dissemination of presenter handouts and resources to support meeting activities as needed.
· Assists the Director, Accreditation and Clinical Solutions in the development of participant feedback tools and surveys, CNE certificates and transcripts for convention.
· Oversees the placement and removal of posters on-site; manages and responds to poster presenter needs and facilitates attendee participation in poster room activities.
· Assists with development of promotional materials for convention and the call for presenters; and work with IT and web management staff to update program information on the convention web site.
· Manages the scheduling of the Program Committee Meetings and the compilation of meeting minutes.
· Performs other convention-related duties as assigned.
· Coordinates assigned aspects of AWHONN’s Public Policy Committee, including the compilation of committee nomination rosters and meeting scheduling and meeting minutes.
· Assists the Director of Government Affairs with AWHONN on Capitol Hill as needed.
Works independently under the management of the Vice President, Analytics, Operations, Policy & Strategic Initiatives. Receives guidance on clarification and interpretation of policies of the organization. Work is occasionally reviewed while in progress and/or upon completion.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
· At least 2 to 4 years of project coordination and administrative experience supporting projects and programs at progressively higher levels.
· Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated skill and expertise using Microsoft Office software to prepare accurate technical documents in a timely manner to include PowerPoint and Excel.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, quality, accuracy, and output.
· Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, manage multiple priorities, and stay highly organized especially with high volume, numerous details and under tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience in working with multiple staff and between departments.
· Demonstrated skill coordinating/managing multiple projects.
· Demonstrated ability and versatility to work both independently as well as with a team environment.
This position is remote eligible and is based in Washington, DC. This position will have the option to work in-office or remotely in accordance with the organizational policy. Some project work may require on-site visits to the DC office.
AWHONN remains committed to protecting the health and wellness of our staff while continuing to serve our membership who are sacrificing so much to serve their communities. In support of our mission, AWHONN is still actively recruiting for vacant positions. However, to help ensure the safety of our staff and applicants, all job interviews will be conducted by phone or virtually until further notice.
AWHONN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Apply online through our website: https://www.awhonn.org/about-us/careers-at-awhonn/. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Job posted: 2021-02-24