To support the Public Affairs Council staff in all U.S. public affairs practice activities, including research, writing resources, marketing, member relations, communications, developing educational materials and conference planning for Council members.
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Varied — flexible based on intern schedule. Interns serve approximately 20-30 hours per week.
May include, but not limited to:
- Conduct Internet and other research on U.S. public affairs, organizations, issues, legal guidelines, trends, case studies, state legislative and political agendas, public policy issues and regional events
- Research and update existing materials on compliance laws, member resources and current events
- Manage the Council’s resource library, including requesting additional resources from member organizations, cataloging information, compiling lists of materials and drafting new resource content
- Assist the staff in marketing efforts for conferences, publications, resources and services
- Help coordinate the development of executive education training programs and attend area conferences and events
- Work with member contacts to facilitate benefits and services
- Database and office administration work as needed
- Professional demeanor/superior business etiquette
- Communications skills: must have excellent written and oral skills (will have interaction with business leaders and other professionals)
- Research skills, including use of Internet
- Solid organizational skills
- Good time management
- Ability to multitask
- Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel experience
- Previous office/corporate experience
- Meeting/event planning
- Phone experience/member relations
- Political and/or public policy knowledge or experience
- Must be a current student in good standing
- Concentrations of study may include political science, international affairs, social science, pre-law, marketing, business, communications, journalism or a related field
- Minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
Please send cover letter and résumé to:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that we are unable to contact every applicant.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.