Project Assistant, Strategic Communications
· Provides day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials, and proposals), media monitoring, and conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues
· Assists on digital and social media projects, including creative project management, social media research, reporting, and content creation.
· Contributes to and prepares the basic reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g., perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, social media reports, summary reports, etc.)
· Drafts initial proposals for client work and new business initiatives
· Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
· Develops understanding of client issues through research and monitoring of relevant issues
· Actively supports new business process by preparing pitches and proposals, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing presentation decks
· Participates in media relations efforts including drafting pitches, creating media lists, and pitching
· 1 year at a prior public relations agency or in-house (including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
· Prior internship or work experience in an agency, public affairs, political campaigns, social media, public relations or Capitol Hill preferred
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business management, communication, journalism, public relations or related field
· Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
· Strong presentation skills
· Digital/social media fluency
· Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please Apply Here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o8qj9fwK&s=Public_Affairs_Counc
Job posted: 2019-01-29