We are seeking entry-level professionals to join our APCO+ team in Washington, D.C. as Project Assistants. Selected candidates will begin work in late May or early June 2019.
Being part of our APCO+ team in Washington, D. C., you will be joining colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse, and curious. APCO+ members spend 18 months learning all aspects of public relations including media relations, digital, writing, research, and new business. You will participate in weekly training sessions, have access to formal and informal mentoring, and work across all practices at APCO. APCO+ Project Assistants work with senior colleagues in all practice areas across APCO such as: health care, crisis, public affairs, and corporate communications. This is an opportunity to develop your well-rounded skills as a communications profession through an industry-leading entry-level professionals program.
- Research and analyze primary and secondary sources of information
- Conduct traditional and social media tracking
- Develop media lists and pitch to the media
- Draft reports, social media content, and communications materials
- Coordinate distribution of materials and collating kits and packages for staff and clients
- Document and track account activity such as conference reports, account status reports, etc.
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Experience at a public relations agency or in-house (including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Interest in working on a broad and diverse client portfolio across practice areas
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communication, journalism, public relations or related field
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs, public policy, and media
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Digital/social media fluency
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
Job posted: 2019-03-01