Project Manager, Brand Marketing and Communications
The Brand Communications team drives Zenni’s global brand awareness. We work to drive visibility, mindshare and affinity across earned and paid media, brand partnerships, and experiential event marketing. We’re proud of our brand partnerships, which include actress Rashida Jones, the Chicago Bulls, San Francisco 49ers, designer Cynthia Rowley, and Esports teams: Golden Guardians, Lux Gaming, Pittsburgh Knights and Houston Outlaws. Our event marketing efforts range from music festivals to intimate influencer gatherings. Our CSR initiatives include the San Francisco Symphony and Fine Art Museums of SF, as well as PPE donations to frontline healthcare workers across the US.
Under the direction of the Head of Brand Marketing and Communications this person will be responsible for the project management support of the various initiatives supporting corporate marketing partners, campaign execution and product collaboration including corporate social responsibility.
We are looking for a sharp, organized individual interested in getting a window across the scope of the company and beyond as they coordinate between internal teams as well as with our agencies, sports and esports teams, fashion designers, influencers, fashion and lifestyle media and more. You need to be a proactive problem solver, listener and communicator who isn’t afraid of sometimes “managing up” or gently motivating individuals to help accomplish team goals. You thrive in ambiguity and can take disorganized ideas and help shape them into a process.
Collaborate with key cross-functional partners: site merchandisers, UX designers, copywriters, and product teams to help carry out brand marketing initiatives. You will help coordinate with outside vendors, agencies and partners and often be the bridge between their teams and ours. This role reports to the Head of Brand Marketing and Communications. This position will be based remotely during Covid restrictions and will be based in Novato, CA or Oakland, CA post Covid restrictions.
● Maintain brand communications calendar and integrate with larger company calendar
● Participate as necessary in dev + PM stand ups
● Own internal and cross-functional planning including project kickoffs, stakeholder review meetings, and maintaining meeting agendas
● Communicate priorities and track progress against handoff dates and ensure project milestones are completed on time
● Anticipate potential challenges, roadblocks, and interference
● Facilitate collaboration between the team and with company stakeholders.
● Coordinate across departments ensuring all project deliverables are moving through pipeline and completed on time
● Develop project lifecycle standards and templates
● Develop, maintain and update files, contracts, and documentation
● Work with external agencies, vendors and partners from project/campaign initiation through to handoff of project assets
● Manage contract renewals and creative deadlines for all activation projects (ex: Billboard, magazine, etc.)
● Gather and prepare content for presentation decks
● Work directly with Experiential Events Manager to support and execute logistics for events and activations including the organizing and shipping of product and supplies
What you’ll bring:
● 5+ years of direct experience managing creative projects, both agency and in-house experience
● 3+ years of direct experience supporting marketing and communications departments, print and digital
● Experience working with eCommerce (D2C) consumer brands in a high growth, flat and fluid work environment
● Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Google, Slack etc.
● Demonstrated experience in a role requiring strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to getting tasks done
● Ability to organize information and concisely present issues, recommendations, and conclusions
● Demonstrated excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively, and experience working cross-functionally with product, data science, and engineering.
● Strong understanding of creative production process (strategy, concept, requirements, design, development)
● Familiarity with promotions using marketing and social media platforms
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Highly organized and proactive
● Ability to persevere and find order in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing variables
● Self-confident, motivated, and builds trust with others
• Competitive salaries and excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
• 401k with company match
• Mac hardware and accessories
• Annual employee eyeglasses stipend
• Free breakfast and catered lunch everyday
• Free onsite parking
• Great work-life balance
• Opportunities for growth and professional development in a financially stable, successful, growing Company
Zenni was founded on the idea that everyone who needs glasses should be able to afford high quality frames and top of the line lenses. We are an industry leading e-commerce company with state-of-the-art production facilities and advanced prescription labs that get custom eyewear delivered within 14 days. By cutting out the middlemen we pass the savings directly to our customers. We have been in business for over 16 years and have delivered more than 30 million pairs of glasses. We are headquartered in Novato, CA. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear Partner of the Chicago Bulls, Boston Red Sox and the San Francisco 49ers as well as several esports teams including . View Site
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-16