Project Manager of Government Initiatives
Role: The Project Manager of Government Initiatives is responsible for the overall project management of multiple U.S. Government (USG) funded programs and initiatives. This role involves creating/executing project plans, managing deliverables, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs are delivered to schedule and within budget. This individual collaborates with cross-functional teams (Operations, Capital Projects, Research & Development, Compliance, Finance, Supply Chain, Business Development, etc.) to bring excellence in compliance and operational execution of USG funded programs.
Spend your days:
- Supporting execution of Phlow’s USG funded programs and initiatives
- Initiate, direct, and lead team meetings, prepare reports, maintain project schedules and plans, and drive operational readiness to ensure project deliverables are completed according to desired timelines
- Supporting responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) from HHS, DOD, and other USG agencies
- Assisting in the tracking of project specific budgets
- Assisting in creating and coordinating project schedules and maintaining the process for regular reviews and updates
- Tracking and reporting on project milestones and providing status reports to stakeholders
- Proactively identifying, communicating, and/or troubleshooting any issues or problems throughout the project life cycle
- Assisting in the continuous evaluation and improvement of company’s project management execution
Bring with you:
- Experience with HHS and DOD funded programs (Contracts, Grants, OTAs, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of project management requirements and communication cadence when executing a government contract
- Experience interacting and communicating with U.S. Government Contracting Officers
- Knowledge and familiarity with HHS and DOD procurement nuances, proposal development, and project management
- Experience managing projects/understanding of project management principles
- Fluency in MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SharePoint or similar document management systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline relevant to the life sciences industry, (Master’s degree or PhD/MBA, preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within life sciences industry (at least 2 years supporting USG funded programs)
- PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), preferred
About Phlow: Phlow Corp. (“Phlow”) is a public benefit pharmaceutical manufacturing company dedicated to reliably supplying affordable, high-quality, essential medicines through U.S. based advanced manufacturing processes. The company manufactures precursor chemical ingredients, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and finished pharmaceutical products, domestically for essential medicines critical to the Nation’s healthcare. To help ensure the quality, safety, and affordability of pharmaceutical products of strategic importance to the United States, Phlow utilizes advanced manufacturing platforms, including continuous manufacturing, to provide essential medicines to its customers, health systems, and government partners.
Our shared values at Phlow reflect our personal and professional commitment to serving patients, as well as our colleagues, partners, communities, country, and humankind. When we remain committed to our mission, and genuinely practice each of these shared values, we discover success and significance in all we do. At Phlow, we believe in the shared values of Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Lifelong Learning, and Servant Leadership.
Phlow’s commitment to diversity includes recognition that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of colleagues of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our shared values is a priority.
EEO Statement: Phlow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements Phlow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-31