Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Promotion and Community Relations Specialist
Responsible for implementing key elements of the Credit Union’s marketing tactics as directed by the Vice President of Marketing with an emphasis on promotions, special events, and community relations. Ensures that promotions and public relations activities support short-term and long-term objectives of the Credit Union. Enhances the image of the Credit Union among local civic, humanitarian, and educational organizations. Participates in the development and introduction of new services and products based on perceived member needs. Projects and maintains the Credit Union’s professional image, ensuring professional business relations exist with members and that their needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages credit union promotions with a focus on generating sales, brand enhancement, and support for major advertising campaigns. Broad responsibilities include planning, execution, and post-promotion tracking. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Contests / Sweepstakes
- Limited-time incentives for new accounts or services
- New account sign-up events (in-branch and external)
- Manages planning, staffing, and execution of SAFE-sponsored events, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Grand Openings
- Radio/TV remotes
- Annual Membership Meeting
- Shred Events
- Member Appreciation (e.g. Easy Street Events, Intl. Credit Union Day, etc.)
- Oversees procurement and distribution of promotional incentives during campaigns featuring special offers (e.g. merchandise, gift cards, etc.).
- Recommends, orders/reorders, and distributes SAFE-branded promotional merchandise. Conducts monthly inventory. Ensures inventory is adequate and within budget.
- Monitors overall promotional expenses and ensures expenditures remain within budget.
- Ensures promotions follow legal/regulatory guidelines.
- Produces/distributes regulatory, informational, and promotional signage to branches as needed (e.g. branch posters, handouts, required disclosures, rate boards, poster frames, etc.).
- Coordinates the credit union’s presence/role at sponsored events and serves as a representative for the credit union. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Arts, civic, philanthropic, and educational events
- SAFE-sponsored events (e.g. Iris Festival, Shaw AFB programs, USC, etc.)
- Financial education seminars for current/prospective members.
- Manages SAFE’s scholarship program, including solicitation of school administrator involvement and selection of recipients each year. Works with school districts and private school state organization to obtain recommended of scholarship award winners. Notifies recipients of their scholarship award and provides invitation to the Annual Membership Meeting. Manages check process to pay school tuition with Scholarship funds.
- Researches and recommends opportunities that will promote SAFE’s visibility and brand perception within the communities it serves.
- Cultivates ties between SAFE and the arts, humanitarian, civic, and educational organizations operating within SAFE’s footprint.
- Makes presentations internally and in the community as needed.
- Prepares social responsibility and other credit union industry award entries
- Prepares departmental invoices for VP of Marketing approval. Records, inputs into Financial Software, and forwards invoices for payment.
- Supports SAFE’s brand through proactive, professional, and timely assistance to colleagues/departments throughout the company.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in journalism, communications, marketing or related field) and one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience which ideally includes planning and managing corporate events and community outreach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience speaking and interacting with large groups.
- Experience using Excel and other analytics / spreadsheet software.
- Ability to measure the success of campaigns.
- Multi-tasking, time-management, and budgeting skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Job posted: 2021-12-23