At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This leadership development position will be based in up to four regions of the country and will support the Director of Public Advocacy Communications in creating and executing communications programs for state public policy objectives in a number of areas including wholesale and retail customer choice. The position will work collaboratively with Corporate Communications, Generation Communications, State Government Affairs, Federal Affairs, Legal, Corporate Development and other Exelon organizations to create, manage as well as execute communications in support of emergent policy issues including existing and newly acquired energy development projects within a respective region.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Create and execute strategic communications plans in support of key state and federal public policy objectives on a regional and national basis.
2. With State Government Affairs, monitor key public policy issues of interest to Exelon in the particular region.
3. Collaborate with other Exelon departments to develop, manage and execute communications initiatives for other emergent issues. Assist Public Advocacy leadership to ensure consistent messaging across the organization.
4. Participate in interface with Non Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) with whom Exelon has a working relationship.
5. Manage vendor and agency relationships in the development of collateral and the execution of projects in support of public policy objectives.
6. Create and execute initiatives to analyze, measure, and manage the effectiveness of Public Advocacy Communications programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area
• Master’s degree in communications, journalism, political science public policy or related discipline preferred
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in communications, journalism, political science or a related field.
• Experience in and ability to manage Communications, Public Policy and Government Affairs programs and initiatives.
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Media relations skills including “on the record” experience• Demonstrated strategic thinking ability
• Proven organizational agility
• Strong interpersonal communication and management skills
• Excellent follow-through capability
• Demands high level of performance from self and others.
• Demonstrated project management experience
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 24, 2017