Public Affairs Account Manager or Account Director
About the job
Allison+Partners has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Account Manager or Account Director. We’re looking for someone who is deeply passionate about public affairs and eager to drive forward A+P’s growing public affairs portfolio, and excited by the opportunity to articulate client stories in new, creative ways. This is an exciting growth role that combines Allison+Partners’ long history in public affairs expertise—at an incredible time of growth and acceleration for this space and the agency.
At A+P, our Account Managers and Directors play a critical role as strategic advisors to clients, day-to-day client leads and leaders and builders of high-performing account teams for the agency. You’ll work collaboratively across the agency to build strong, mutually trusting relationships with our clients by ensuring excellence in delivery, clear communication, and sound strategic guidance. This is an opportunity to hone your leadership skills while building a specialty category.
At Allison+Partners, we are committed to delivering strategic communications programs that achieve key business objectives for clients. This role is focused on leading client teams that deliver best-in-class public relations expertise for health clients, including corporate storytelling, public affairs, executive visibility, thought leadership, media relations, and content development.
Allison+Partners is the recipient of more than 150 awards including Global Agencies of the Decade by PRovoke. To learn more, visit www.allisonpr.com
- Serve as day-to-day client lead for program execution, working with senior account leads to develop program strategy; accountable for activities, projects and deliverables contributing both tactically and strategically to clients’ business goals
- Ensures client teams are delivering quality account management deliverables such as weekly client status reports and meetings, accurate and actionable contact reports, and any relevant competitive activity
- Is accountable for the impeccable delivery of multiple large-sized, high-value client projects
- Works with senior strategist to develop internal and external communications materials, including communications plans, messaging, talking points, news releases, social media content, and facts sheets
- Collaborates on new business opportunities and attends pitches, specifically with the intent of helping grow the healthcare and public affairs portfolio
- Accountable for the clients’ total budget by having proactive, ongoing conversations with the account team and/or clients
- Proactively and immediately flags any scope/budget concerns to senior lead and/or client
- With project management, is accountable for and presents ongoing financial reconciliations
- With account and creative teams, helps drive annual client planning process
- Stays informed and smart in all aspects of our clients’ business
- Senior Account Executive/Account Manager level years of public relations/communications experience ideally in an agency or in-house roles. Capitol Hill and grassroots experience a plus but not required.
- Experience in government affairs and issues management a plus
- The aptitude to handle high priority and high-pressure situations with poise
- Understanding of how digital works in a highly regulated environment not required but highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and manage project plans
- Writing and media relations skills with the ability to translate complex issues into communications for multiple stakeholder audiences.
- An advanced understanding of the current media landscape including national mainstream news media outlets and digital and social media developments.
- Impeccable client service skills and experience with working with high-touch clients or individuals in challenging business situations.
- Proven large program project management capabilities and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a collaborative team across geographies.
- Assists with professional development programs (e.g., leading lunch and learns, working with leadership to develop new programs, etc.)
- Empowers account staﬀ to learn and continue polishing professional skills, including identifying those speciﬁc needs and areas for improvement
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
As a commitment to building strong workplace culture, our employees are also invited and encouraged to participate in local office activities, employee resource groups, training, and team building, as well as contribute to new business opportunities for the practice.
The position will report to the General Manager of the applicable market. This is not a remote or telecommute position. The ideal candidate will report to a local A+P office (Atlanta, Washington, D.C. or Boston) when local municipalities and the agency determine it is safe and appropriate to do so.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-24