Public Affairs Analyst
Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers as a Public Affairs Analyst to work out of Washington, DC. This role is available as a work from home position.
- Support the Congressional Liaison and Legislative Affairs and Public Affairs functions for the PEO, as coordinated with NAVSEA, OPNAV, ASN, FMB and Congressional staff.
- Perform administrative duties, including the coordination and consolidation of inputs for responses to address Congressional inquiries, issues and concerns, and technical reviews for public release.
- Provide recommendations, in addition to coordinating and consolidating information, for responses to Congressional, DoD, other Government agencies, or industry inquiries.
- As requested by the government, research current legislative policy/procedures and provide historical data for PEO IWS programs, platforms, and combat systems.
- Track weekly congressional documentation and periodicals, and provide daily updates to the Public Affairs Office (PAO) and assist with the development of the annual Congressional briefing review(s).
- Track and disseminate all congressional activity related to PEO IWS portfolio.
- Maintain documentation where PEO IWS and its contractors do business in Congressional and Senatorial districts. Maintain Specific Interest charts (Cyber, Clean Energy, etc.) that associate PEO IWS’s investments so that more strategic communication strategies can be developed.
- Support development of Strategic Communication Strategies so that PEO IWS in cooperation with Legislative Affairs and other organizations can better shape PEO IWS Interests.
- Support the preparation and conduct of the annual congressional reviews.
- Support the development of Program Quad charts and Congressional language reports.
- Support the development of responses to Congressional, DOD, other Government agency, media or industry inquiries.
- Support the preparation of audits for Government Accounting Office, and other auditing organizations.
- Support the preparation of Congressional testimony.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in relating field
- Significant experience with DoD acquisition and PPBES processes, Strategic Communications, and Legislative Affairs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required to start.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Travel: None required, this role is available to telecommute
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24