Public Affairs Analyst-20001831
Public Affairs Specialist to support the Corporate Affairs Department as a liaison for internal subject matter experts and external stakeholders, which include federal, state and local governments, NGOs and other key opinion leaders. This position will assist with strategically engaging external stakeholders designed to extend Nestlé’s influence and position as a thought leader, while promoting the company’s reputation among policymakers and other key groups. The Public Affairs Specialist will often collaborate and serve as a partner for other key Nestlé US departments, including Corporate Communications, Regulatory, and Legal in order to prepare for, navigate, and manage issues.
• Translate and disseminate policy related information for government entities through a variety of tactics and channels, work with subject matter experts to develop impactful external messaging for these audiences.
• Collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to provide policy and public affairs guidance, supporting and executing engagement campaigns to promote awareness of Nestlé’s purpose, work and expertise.
• Work to research and advance key policy issues in line with strategic business priorities.
• Help inform compelling content for the company’s external communications and seamlessly produce high-quality materials to engage stakeholder audiences.
• Develop and execute strategic stakeholder engagement events, including policy discussions and briefings, convening of industry leaders and thought leadership forums.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General supervision is recieed from either the SVP of Government and Corporate Affairs Director, Policy & Public Affairs
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism or related field.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with demonstrated effectiveness in disseminating policy relevant communications.
• Ability to analyze, synthesize and convey, through a variety of platforms, complex policy information to diverse audiences.
• Intermediate knowledge of federal or state policy issues.
• Strong familiarity of legislative processes at federal and state levels, as well as political judgment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Exercise sound judgement and work independently to accomplish tasks.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
Job posted: 2020-04-24