Public Affairs Analyst (Secret) DODP12
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies’ histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus’ services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
Avantus Federal is looking for a Public Affairs Analyst to support a customer located in Arlington, VA. The candidate will be responsible for high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. Duties include:
Our COVID-19 Task Force is taking every measure to protect our employees during this time. Speak to a recruiter about our telework options.
- Manage media inquiries and determining strategic external outreach opportunities
- Conduct research on reporters’ backgrounds and past stories and provide context and propose draft responses to media inquiries
- Coordinate with staff on responses to reporter inquiries, receive necessary approvals by senior leadership
- Develop and execute strategic communications and media outreach activities
- Provide strategic guidance to organization on messaging and potential external outreach opportunities
- Draft and review messaging and materials for use with media interviews and external outreach activities
- Active Secret Clearance #AvantusClearedJob
- Master’s Degree or a bachelor’s degree plus four (4) years additional work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in program management, technical, or business analysis discipline
- mMnimum of six (6) years of recent work experience related to analysis and planning; there must be at least four (4) years of experience in program management, technical or business analysis; and there must be two (2) years professional experience in technical efforts supporting major weapon systems and components development
- Minimum three (3) years in support of a Major Defense Acquisition Program (MDAP)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legislative process, elective process, congressional committee structure, and activities of the Congress
- Mastery level skills and ability in writing, editing, and performing research to develop comprehensive reports and information papers
- skill and ability to interface with senior level officials, Members of Congress, and Congressional committee staff and administrative officials to plan and coordinate legislative liaison activities
- Familiarity with Service and OSD forms related to PPBS, Military Interdepartmental Procurement Requests, Work Requests, Requisitions, Contract Data Requirements List, and DD254 is required
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service and OSD policy and documentation related to PPBS, life-cycle management of military acquisition programs (as specified in the DoD 5000 series), to include DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.2, DoD Directive (DODD) 5530.03, and the International Cooperation in Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (IC in AT&L) Handbook
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-24