Public Affairs Associate
Dezenhall Resources, Ltd. a non-partisan, boutique crisis management and public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C. is seeking a highly organized and full-time associate to join our dynamic team.
Associates are integral to the firm’s client account teams and support implementing the unique strategies that achieve winning outcomes for our clients.
Associates conduct in-depth policy and topical research, create client reports and presentations, develop written and creative deliverables for internal teams and clients, organize and manage client events, maintaining organization of program deliverables and overall project details, conceptualize and implement digital assets, offer original strategic and tactical ideas, and more.
The ideal candidate will have 2 -3 years of professional experience working or interning in political, communications, or advocacy roles. Candidates should be great writers, have a firm grasp on the media and political landscape, have experience with design and digital media, and be eager to learn.
An interest in the intersection of policy, politics, business and communications is a must.
About Dezenhall Resources, Ltd.
Dezenhall Resources, Ltd. is one of the most trusted public affairs and crisis management firms and first practitioners of the crisis management discipline. For more than 30 years, we have guided countless Fortune 100 companies, trade groups, law firms, and nonprofits through issues big and small, all of which threatened to damage the organization’s reputation and ability to do business. And in doing so, we’ve earned a reputation for meeting marketplace challenges and crises head-on while securing winning outcomes for our clients.
Work Environment + Benefits.
The Firm’s working environment is demanding and results-oriented, and also highly collaborative and fun with opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Currently, the Dezenhall team is primarily working in a virtual environment with periodic in-person meetings in Washington, D.C. The Firm anticipates remote work will continue for the foreseeable future, with the hopes of eventually returning to a hybrid work environment with approximately 50% in-person and 50% remote work.
Dezenhall Resources offers competitive compensation and generous benefits including health, dental, 401(k) and more.
- 2 – 3 years of professional experience in political, communications or advocacy roles working or interning for political campaigns, elected officials, grassroots organizations, digital media firms, corporate communications teams or public affairs firms.
- Proven ability to distill complicated concepts into digestible messaging.
- Experience developing digital strategy and assets like websites, social platforms and content, etc.
- Understanding of the media and political landscape.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Interest in current events, as well as the intersection of policy, politics, business and communications.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-10-11