Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Associate
Support Public Affairs staff in communicating with the media, ACE members, staff, and other stakeholders at the direction of the Director of Public Affairs (at times in conjunction with the Vice President for Public Affairs and Strategic Communications). Produce and distribute ACE email newsletters and other communiqués; provide support for ACE podcasts; help maintain Public Affairs and Government Relations pages on the ACE website; manage email subscriber lists, databases, and Google Analytics data. Provide other administrative support to the Office of Public Affairs and to the Office of Government Relations as needed.
Public Affairs Duties
Support communications activities:
- Lay out, proof, and distribute the electronic newsletters Higher Education & National Affairs (HENA) and President to President, press releases, and media advisories.
- Screen telephone and email inquiries from the media, member institutions, association community, policy makers, ACE staff, and the public regarding the activities of the department, and refer inquiries to the appropriate staff and/or association.
- Proof, post, and maintain DGPA-related content on the ACE website, including press releases, news stories, community letters, amicus briefs, and more.
- Manage data and email subscriber lists in ACE’s Customer Relationship Management system and media lists in external database.
- Source and assemble daily headlines on website.
- Provide administrative support for the ACE podcast, including scheduling guests, posting audio files on distribution platform, and producing transcripts.
- Monitor online sources for all local and national and press coverage of ACE and its staff members for internal distribution and posting on the website to ACE in the News
- Compile data and prepare periodic reports on Public Affairs digital communication and social media efforts using Google Analytics and other sources.
- Maintain archives of Public Affairs newsletters, op-eds, and letters to the editor.
- Additional duties as directed.
- Manage logistics for press briefings and other Public Affairs meetings. Assist with division meetings. Assist with logistics such as meeting registrations for Public Affairs staff.
- Provide other administrative support to the Office of Public Affairs as needed.
- Provide support to Senior Vice President in absence of the Government Relations Coordinator.
- Work in cooperation with administrative team to ensure continuous office coverage for the Division.
- Maintain and update records of DGPA’s subscriptions to various news publications, subscription services, social media channels, and webhosting outlets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required OR significant experience at the coordinator level or equivalent.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience preferred with HTML, web Content Management Systems (including WordPress), Customer Resource Management tools, Google Analytics, podcast distribution platforms, and broadcast email platforms.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment. Must be organized and have strong attention to detail and be able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and make good business decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Office environment. Potential for hybrid work to be determined as part of the interview process.
The American Council on Education requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. ACE will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or religious belief.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, familial status, genetic information, source of income, place of residence or business, status as a victim of an intra-family offense, credit information, protected veteran status, status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offense, or stalking.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-07