Public Affairs Associate
About the Climate Leadership Council
The Climate Leadership Council is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to
promote the bipartisan Baker-Shultz Carbon Dividends Plan as the most popular,
equitable, and politically viable climate solution.
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our
team as a Public Affairs Associate in our Communications Department. The
Communications team works to craft strong and compelling messages, devising
smart communications, and executing events that engage a variety of audiences
including the organization’s members, the media, the DC policy community, and
the general public. This position is full-time salaried, with a robust benefits
package and paid holidays.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Drafting content including press releases, one-pagers, op-eds, website
copy, social media, and various advocacy products.
• Assisting in the development of social media campaigns (organic and
• Conducting research to support legislative and political activity, policy
analysis, and stakeholder engagement development.
• Providing administrative support including scheduling, project tracking and
support, drafting correspondence, broadcast email, list maintenance, etc.
• Providing event and program support including event planning, registration
tracking and management, logistics, and event staffing.
• Supporting member engagement initiatives through research and
presentation development including PowerPoint.
• Tracking metric analytics using data and media tools.
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree. Prior experience including work
on political campaigns, in private sector communications, on Capitol Hill, within
the executive branch, or for trade associations is preferred. Background in
climate policy is a plus.
Additional required professional attributes include:
• Strong research, writing, and editing skills including attention to
grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy.
• The ability to work independently, to simultaneously manage multiple
projects, and to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Willingness to be a team player that works well in a collaborative
environment and is willing to take initiative when necessary.
• Familiarity with technological platforms including Microsoft Office Suite
and major social media services. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and
InDesign is a plus.
• The ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources, identify
salient points, and think creatively about how to communicate their
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to
The Climate Leadership Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2021-04-26