Public Affairs Communications Manager
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
The Notarize Public Affairs Team is seeking a Public Affairs Communications Manager. This role will report directly to the EVP of Public Affairs, which includes Government Affairs & Advocacy, Policy & Industry Relations and Community Engagement, and act as a liaison between public affairs and the marketing, events and business communications departments.
The Public Affairs Communications Manager will work in developing and executing communications strategies that advance the Notarize public affairs work, by increasing its effectiveness on legislative and policy change at the national, state and local levels.
What you’ll do as our public affairs communications manager:
- Guide the Public Affairs’ response to daily events on issues related to national political and policy strategy.
- Work on a wide array of technology policy issues, including digital services, digital identity, data protection and others.
- Liaison with marketing and business communications to develop communications plans, which include traditional communications, message development, web presence, advocacy and social media, to educate, motivate, and influence target audiences.
- Work closely with all of Legal Department to develop communications strategies and tactics for legislative and advocacy initiatives.
- Create communications content, including talking points, presentations, scripts, news releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, blog posts, backgrounders and assist with website and social media content per public affairs needs and in coordination with marketing.
- Assist EVP of Public Affairs in determining the most effective public affairs spokespeople and prepare them for events, roundtables, media, etc.
- Lead public affairs internal communications, weekly reporting, quarterly updates, talking points for business to ensure awareness of activity.
What we’re looking for:
- 5 years+(or equivalent experience) of working with or for a political or government press office, media or communications team.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills; ability to produce clear, concise materials on tight deadlines.
- The ability to communicate persuasively and professionally, in writing and verbally to a wide variety of media, political, stakeholder and influencer audiences.
- Experience and familiarity working with national journalists in print, radio, broadcast, and online, including D.C. media outlets and journalists is a plus.
- Experience working on integrated advocacy campaigns and political campaigns, using traditional communications and social media.
- Ability to bring new ideas to our nationwide political strategy, and engage in traditional and social media messaging.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow projects through to completion.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and an ability to work creatively and effectively with others in a team environment.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-remote team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people’s lives. It’s a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don’t presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’d love to hear from you.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-08