Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs and Community Relations Manager
Working at Mosaic has never been more exciting. We are implementing and using new technologies to manage risk, minimize impacts and maximize the value we deliver to our team, customers, and diverse stakeholders around the globe. “NextGEN” is the term we use to describe the technology-driven change focused on Integrated Operations Centers, Modeling and Analytics, Automation and Process Controls, and Process Digitization. We know there are bright, passionate people, ready to join us as we revolutionize our operations to drive long-term efficiencies, competitiveness, and value.
Additionally, we understand the challenges of the post-pandemic environment and Mosaic’s passion and commitment to the well-being of our employees has always been a top priority. Many of our roles require employees to be fully onsite given the nature of the work. For most office-based positions, Mosaic now offers a hybrid work schedule (M, T, R Onsite & W, F Remote). This solution provides flexibility yet recognizes the importance of collaboration in achieving Mosaic’s “NextGEN” initiatives.
Are you our next Public Affairs and Community Relations Manager?
The Public Affairs and Community Relations Manager plays a leadership role in all community relations matters of the Phosphates Business Unit, with an emphasis on DeSoto, and Charlotte County community and stakeholder engagement and supporting Hardee as needed. Working with the Director Public Affairs & Government Relations and Mosaic leadership on developing and executing internal- and external-facing public affairs strategies to support critical business objectives intended to secure and strengthen Mosaic’s license to operate. You will thrive in this role if you are passionate about Community Investment, Strategic Community Relations and Advocacy.
What will you do?
- Through daily and intensive community immersion, serve as principal Mosaic liaison with local community and business leaders and elected officials in assigned counties (Desoto, and Charlotte).
- Engage with strategic community organizations and non-profits and spearhead the company’s employee volunteer efforts in support of key community partners.
- Anticipate and identify potential or emerging issues and execute specific community relations activities to position Mosaic in the community.
- Work with leadership to develop and execute communication plans to support strategic business initiatives and projects as well as to anticipate and effectively address geography specific issues.
- Manage DeSoto and Charlotte Community Advisory Panels to build business understanding to a diverse network.
- Develop and execute comprehensive community relations, government affairs and community investment plans that promote and maintain a favorable permitting environment and support Mosaic’s continued license to operate in Central Florida.
- Develop strategic messaging for use by the company in regulatory, government affairs and legal settings and routinely collaborate with appropriate operating and support group personnel in support of the company’s extensive and ongoing permitting activities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to groups of internal and external stakeholders on key issues.
- Educate local leaders and citizens about Mosaic and the phosphate industry through exhibits, facility tours and other special events.
- Personally represent or ensure appropriate Mosaic representation at important environmental forums, committee meetings, public hearings, and events in DeSoto and Charlotte counties.
- Provide critical expertise on strategic philanthropy, public hearing preparation and special event planning, in furtherance of favorable permitting outcomes.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or Political Science
- 8+ years of progressive communications experience, including leadership responsibility for public relations /community relations strategy and execution in a corporate, government, public relations agency, or non-profit organization.
- Experience managing multiple high-stakes issues within a large organization
- Experience analyzing public affairs risks associated with business transactions, political and policy shifts and public sentiment
- Expertise in issues and crisis management, media relations reputational/image advertising, public education/outreach, employee communications, corporate philanthropy and government affairs
- Demonstrated ability to understand the details of complex issues without losing sight of broader long-term perspectives on how issues may impact the business.
- Ability to understand highly technical and scientific information and skillfully articulate that information to non-technical audiences.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs – Apply today and join our team!
Job posted: 2022-08-25