Public Affairs and Digital Marketing Specialist
The Public Affairs and Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for helping devise and execute innovative web and social media content strategies in support of AHIP and its advocacy coalitions. This role requires proficiency in digital content strategy, social media strategy and management, and website content management. The Specialist, working closely with the Director of Public Affairs and Digital Engagement, will be primarily responsible for driving innovative, best-in-class digital content and social media campaigns for AHIP and its advocacy coalitions. The Specialist works closely with teams across the association, especially AHIP’s Campaigns and Coalition team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with ADA.
- Helps design and execute innovative social media strategies for AHIP and its advocacy coalitions, including managing the content calendar, drafting and scheduling content, and working with the creative team to create graphic and video assets.
- Works with the Vice President and Director of Public Affairs and Digital Engagement to manage external freelance writers and collaborate with agency partners.
- Measures the effectiveness of content, including monitoring Web and social media analytics, and makes recommendations based on that data. Produces monthly digital analytics report.
- Assists in posting content to AHIP and coalition websites. Works to ensure all AHIP and coalition Web channels are updated, consistent, and compelling.
- Gathers and analyzes digital media market research to identify and determine online communications opportunities and trends. Helps AHIP drive to embrace innovation in its digital and social media communications.
- Supports Public Affairs colleagues in execution of email marketing campaigns, including email newsletter set-up, creation, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, and triggered emails.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
This position does not require supervision of staff.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in writing-for-impact, copywriting and editing for digital communications, especially social media.
- Proficient in Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Publisher, and Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Knowledgeable in HTML and CSS.
- Knowledgeable of email marketing platforms such as Higher Logic or MailChimp.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Leads multiple projects simultaneously, think creatively and maintain flexibility.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and team player; works equally well under minimal supervision and within team structures.
- Maintains a professional demeanor.
Required Education and Experience:
- Three years of experience in digital/social media communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience in relevant field.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., however may require long hours and weekend work.
- This position can work remotely 50 – 100% of the time within a week
- This position may require face-to-face interaction at our DC office or other locations less than 50% of the time within a week
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
AHIP will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
AHIP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-05