Public Affairs Director, North America
Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to continue expanding responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
The Public Relations team is responsible for advancing Lime’s message to media, regulators, third-party partners and riders. We engage local and national press to share the value of micromobility and how Lime is transforming lives and communities. The team uses our industry-leading work on sustainability, equity and collaborative community and government partnerships to amplify our impact, win entry into markets and build a sustainable business in the cities we serve.
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our local communications and public affairs strategies for North America. You will work closely with our North American operations and government relations teams as well as your regional public affairs counterparts and the corporate communications team.
What You’ll Do
- Drive a communications and public affairs strategy to support Lime’s business and regulatory objectives in local markets throughout North America
- Amplify our story through local media and third parties in local markets across North America
- Proactively demonstrate our positive impact in communities and reactively manage issues and media inquiries
- Manage production of day-to-day deliverables – including researching, drafting and editing materials such as communications plans, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Op-Eds and memos
- Engage directly with local, regional and global top-tier media to shape stories, serve as an on-the-record spokesperson, or rapidly respond to breaking news and crises
- Constantly generate creative ideas to help Lime break through the noise and secure earned media coverage
- Partner with local Government Relations Directors to develop communications strategies around state and local micromobity rules and regulations
- Localize our corporate initiatives, sharing news around tech, product and company-wide announcements
- Collaborate closely with local operations teams in North American markets to support market growth objectives
- Develop creative, high-quality and clear communications material, including press releases, talking points, messaging and presentations
- Preferred Location: Washington, DC or New York, NY. Open to other locations in the U.S.
- 10+ Years of experience in communications, media relations or public affairs
- On-the-record media experience and established history of building and fostering media relationships with local outlets and/or national business, tech and policy publications
- Experience managing social media strategy and content
- Strong understanding of the public policy issues related to Lime’s products and service, and a familiarity with relevant stakeholders and media influencers
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to take ownership over projects and plans, with an ability to be nimble and move directions quickly
- Compelling, authentic and persuasive communications style, with excellent written and verbal communication skills under pressure and with high stakes
- Personal passion for sustainable urban transportation and an ability to evangelize its benefits to cities and stakeholders
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are a high-energy person who is not afraid of jumping in where needed
- Focus on executing: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once. You can prioritize and execute well while maintaining long-term strategic focus
- Bachelor’s degree required
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban micromobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-05