Pratt & Whitney
The public affairs manager for Pratt & Whitney leads, develops and executes a global charitable giving and sponsorship strategy with an integrated community and government relations approach that supports Pratt & Whitney’s business objectives and UTC’s corporate social responsibility strategy. As a member of the P&W communications team, the individual will work with communications peers to protect and advance P&W’s brand and reputation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a comprehensive global charitable giving and sponsorship plan that supports P&W’s targeted business locations and the company’s business objectives.
- Set goals and strategy for charitable giving, sponsorships and engagement, and manage related budgets and program evaluations.
- Benchmark and report on trends in public policy and corporate responsibility.
- Maintain accurate contribution records for reporting to UTC
- Develop and promote the organization’s corporate giving and volunteer programs using all internal and external communications channels.
- Represent the company in community organizations and at community events that support the charitable giving strategy and advance Pratt & Whitney’s presence in our communities.
- Promote good will and foster relationships with community leaders and local legislators.
- Establish a global community affairs council to encourage collaboration on strategy and alignment with community and volunteer efforts.
- Develop and implement a global plan to increase Pratt & Whitney participation on Boards of Directors for Non-government Organizations (NGOs).
- Support senior executive relationships and speaking opportunities with community groups.
- Provide guidance on P&W and UTC’s Corporate Responsibility policy to ensure adherence to ethical standards and international norms.
- Align the organization’s communications with P&W policies, branding, advertising, standards, messages, and initiatives, ensuring consistent image and brand. Ensure document clearance process (Form 3702) and other International Trade Compliance policies related to communications are followed.
Job Posted: January 23, 2017