Public Affairs Manager
Brightline owns and operates an express passenger rail system connecting major population centers in Florida, with plans to expand operations further in Florida, Las Vegas and elsewhere in North America. We are the first new major private passenger intercity railroad in the United States in over a century, and we believe our business represents a scalable model for twenty-first century passenger travel in North America.
Brightline currently operates between Miami and West Palm Beach, one of the most heavily traveled and congested regions in the U.S. We have commenced construction of the expansion of our Florida passenger rail system to Orlando, Florida, and we intend to further expand our rail service to Disney and Tampa, Florida. We can operate up to 32 trains daily that are capable of speeds of up to 125 miles per hour, and we own stations located in the heart of downtown cities and major transit hubs in Florida. We believe our passenger rail system offers travel that is faster, safer, more eco-friendly, more reliable, less expensive, more productive and more enjoyable than travel by car or air.
On September 18, 2018, we announced our expansion to the West Coast through our acquisition of DesertXpress Enterprises, LLC. Pursuant to the XpressWest Acquisition, we have acquired the rights to develop a high-speed rail project within a corridor between Victorville, California and Las Vegas, Nevada. We now have the opportunity to develop, operate and connect Las Vegas with Southern California by means of a new high-speed passenger rail system traveling up to 180 miles per hour, implying a travel time of approximately 90 minutes.
We intend for our Florida passenger rail service and the XpressWest high-speed service from Las Vegas to Southern California to generate meaningful profits and serve as a scalable model to expand our operations to a number of other large and congested intercity travel corridors in North America where large and growing travel populations seek a similar solution for medium-distance, “too long to drive, too short to fly” travel.
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. The Communications Department plays a key role in sharing and receiving information with government entities, community leaders, media and our internal team.
As an essential member of the Communications team, you will be responsible for all outreach and communications related to Brightline’s high speed rail project connecting Las Vegas and Southern California. You will get an amazing opportunity to interact with community leaders as you help build the communications within the communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS – THINGS YOU WILL BE DOING ON THE DAILY
- Serve as the public information officer for all items related to XpressWest construction
- Work directly with construction team on planning and public communications
- Coordinate with NDOT/Caltrans public affairs on public impact of construction
- Coordinate and communicate with state and local municipalities including elected officials, first responders and media as it relates to construction updates
- Attend all construction meetings
- Manage the XpressWest construction page on the website
- Implement public affairs community outreach plans; complement the overall plan with the development of niche public affairs strategies
- Organize, attend and present at business, community, and neighborhood group meetings regarding XpressWest and its benefits
- Develop presentations, press releases, talking points, executive communications and other public documents
- Organize and participate at community outreach activities to educate various communities about XpressWest progress
- Would require routine travel between Las Vegas and Southern California
We are a new business model – agile and evolving. The job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS – IF YOU THINK THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES YOU, THEN THIS POSITION MIGHT BE FOR YOU!
- Passion and enthusiasm for changing the way people travel
- Experience in public affairs in an administrative role
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Interacts professional and effectively with fellow teammates, guests and community leaders and media contacts
- Proficiency with a variety of computers software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent organizational, business-level oral and written communications skills and excels at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to qualify under the Company’s Vehicle Operation Policy by having a driver’s license and safe driving history and a reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage that you can use for work purposes
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-16