Public Affairs Manager
About the job
We are seeking a bright and motivated Public Affairs Manager with 3-5 years of legislative policy, advocacy and/or regulatory experience to join our Public Affairs practice group.
In this position you will be supporting U.S.-focused issues management, policy analysis and stakeholder engagement activities for national and international companies. You will have direct client contact on a daily basis, so strong written and oral communication skills are a must. The interview process requires submission of a writing sample and completion of a bill analysis assignment.
While this position is currently remote due to COVID-19 precautions, it will be based in our Basking Ridge, New Jersey office when safe to return to an in-person, open office environment.
- Identify, monitor, analyze and advocate federal, state and local public policy issues, legislation and regulations.
- Develop, execute and manage federal and state policy, advocacy and outreach strategies.
- Coordinate with clients to develop policy positions, strategy and tactics, and advocacy plans.
- Prepare strategy memos and briefing materials.
· Provide advice and counsel to senior level management.
- Draft comments and amendments to legislation, legislative testimony, advocacy letters, talking points and regulatory comments.
- Lead other team members as necessary in order to complete projects.
- Must have an advanced degree in Public Policy, Public Administration or a Juris Doctor degree.
- Must have 3-5 years legislative policy, advocacy, or regulatory experience.
- Experience counseling clients on commercial or business impact of policy, legislative, and regulatory initiatives.
- Expertise in reading, analyzing, and drafting policy language, including statute, bills, regulations, or other notices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong research and writing skills with the ability to translate research into well-defined policy.
· Ability to work independently as well as a contributor to a team.
- Self-starter attitude.
We are committed to delivering public affairs and communications services based on deep industry knowledge, a real understanding of the issues affecting our clients, and a genuine passion for what we do. We act as trusted advisors to our clients – producing results that inspire, engage, and influence a variety of audiences.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16