Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager – Southwest U.S.
REEF is currently seeking a Public Affairs Manager for the Southwestern U.S. Region. The region encompasses Southern California, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado.
Our mission is to create the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. With a network of 5,000 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of parking, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in the United States.
We transform underutilized real estate into neighborhood hubs that connect people to the goods, services, and experiences that help our communities thrive. These hubs host multiple uses, including:
- Machines that provide solutions for the surrounding community, such as EV charging stations, micro-mobility storage, and energy storage,
- Neighborhood Kitchens and Last-Mile Delivery Hubs that allow restaurants and e-commerce brands to expand their customer reach while reducing Co2 emissions and congestion on our streets, and
- Neighborhood Parks that create gathering spaces for the community to work, eat, drink, and play.
What You’ll Do
The Southwestern U.S. Public Affairs Manager will support the regional Head of Public Affairs in leading REEF’s public policy, government relations, and community affairs efforts in Texas and across the region. The primary objective of the role is to work with local policymakers, community leaders, and regulators to establish an ideal regulatory environment for REEF. This person will work in a fast-paced cross-functional organization with key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong candidates will have extensive experience leading local government relations and policy advocacy efforts for startups, innovative high-growth companies, advocacy groups, and/or city government.
- Work with policymakers and regulators to pass local variances/ordinances and state legislation to ensure REEF is well position to grow and thrive in the market
- Deepen REEF’s brand and product awareness in markets through local earned media and community partnerships
- Establish REEF as an influential civic stakeholder and protect business interests through government, community, and local influencer relations
- Manage government relations and policy efforts across the region with a focus on Texas and Arizona
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, officials and community partners in the region
- Create launch playbooks for new markets
- Support external consultants to drive key policy initiatives
- Work with the Communications team to amplify corporate and consumer campaigns locally
- Align with REEF regional leadership teams to advance Public Affairs goals
- Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those events
- Support the regional Head of Public Affairs in developing and executing the overall public affairs strategy for the South western region.
What We Want From You
- 5-7 years of local public affairs (Policy/GR/Communications) experience, preferably at high-growth companies, startups, campaigns, and local government
- Extensive relationships with key media, business, startup, and civic leaders in Texas, ideally in Houston, Austin, and/or Dallas
- Have experience working across various regions and/or territories
- The ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly implement
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience working collaboratively and cross functionally across multiple levels, functions and regions within a large organization
- Are strong self-starters who are eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
What We’ll Provide
- Life and Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-25